Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

2019 New Year for boating

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

Topic author United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

2019 New Year for boating

Postby Cooler » January 1st, 2019, 12:55 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody! Just 135 days to official boating season, something less than that considering all the different dates for individual launch plans and climate. Just thinking about a favorite anchorage of mine in Fish Creek, WI called Horseshoe Island. The island looks back to a land camping area and 125 foot rock ledges, set in dense evergreen trees. First aroma in the morning is a combination of pine scent, fresh coffee and bacon from the camp sites, against the sound of a NOAA daily weather forecast and port of call weather observations. In just a few minutes it will be 5 o'clock somewhere.
8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Re: 2019 New Year for boating

Postby Midnightsun » January 1st, 2019, 1:45 pm

I'm laying on a beach in Jamaica right now and the ginger mojito was several hours ago. :drunk: Going on a catamaran snorkelling expedition tomorrow. :-D

Happy new boating year to all, take care and nothing but health and happiness and a trouble free boating season.
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Twin 350XL Crusaders

Postby Cooler » January 1st, 2019, 3:49 pm

Hans, send your plane to pick me up. Passport in hand. I can be there before the Cat boarding. Will watch for any shenanigans while your snorkeling. :drunk: For now, I'm heading out to Cooler On The Lake. I'll check this post tonight for pick up time at airport....tell the pilot I'll meet him at the Jet Air facility. 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » January 1st, 2019, 4:05 pm

Cooler wrote:Source of the post Hans, send your plane to pick me up. Passport in hand. I can be there before the Cat boarding. Will watch for any shenanigans while your snorkeling. :drunk: For now, I'm heading out to Cooler On The Lake. I'll check this post tonight for pick up time at airport....tell the pilot I'll meet him at the Jet Air facility. 8-) er

Unfortunately the left wing navigation light is out and my plane is grounded until the backordered part comes in and is replaced not to mention inspected. Official date flight can resume is sometime around April so sorry but not gonna happen until then. :-D
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Canada
pepmyster
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2004 Carver 360 Sport Sedan
8.1 Volvo Penta
Fresh water boating

Postby pepmyster » January 1st, 2019, 4:49 pm

Happy New Year to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Twin 350XL Crusaders

Postby Cooler » January 2nd, 2019, 11:23 am

Hans, thanks for the consideration none the less. Just my luck, I know how challenging it is to get those back ordered parts to Jamaica mon! I can't go in April, have to stand by and see if Rick really makes his planned launch date of April 3rd or 7th. I will have to start my topside buffing/polishing also. Use sun screen. 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » January 3rd, 2019, 3:07 am

With the winter we have had so far an April 3rd launch is definitely a possibility. 6" of snow in November almost none in December and temps generally in the 30's during the day and 20's at night. Might not be that much ice coming down in April. We'll just have to wait and see. Would like to see more snow though. That helps with our water levels come spring.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Twin 350XL Crusaders

Postby Cooler » January 3rd, 2019, 5:25 pm

I'm rooting for you Rick. The north and south coast of Lake Superior is getting a lot of snow. Let's keep it up there and use the water that sheds down. Not a big fan of winter. It has been really mild in NE Wisconsin also. Manage to stay between snow storms to the south and north. The Farmers Almanac predicts a mild winter for our parts also, YIPPEE!!!! 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » January 3rd, 2019, 5:34 pm

Lots of winter left yet, lots and lots...... :-D ..... :popcorn:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”