Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Our first "significant" trip in our 530 Voyager

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

Topic author United States of America
golgi
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 530 Voyager Pilothouse

Our first "significant" trip in our 530 Voyager

Postby golgi » June 20th, 2019, 7:21 am

I'm getting very excited! A week from this coming Saturday, we will depart for our first long trip in our new-to-us 530. We will be traveling down the Ohio from Aurora, IN (near Cincinnati, OH) to Kentucky Lake and then back. We've planned 5 days going down, 4 days there to enjoy the lake over the Fourth of July weekend, and 6 days to return. That gives us a two day buffer for any issues, about 900 miles round trip.

We've been shaking down the boat since getting in the water this spring and think we've got everything resolved (knocking on wood here). Fresh full service on motors (TAMD74P), transmissions and gennie. I've got a huge tote of replacement filters, spare coolant and oil, spare impellers, two large 27" ball fenders for the locks, a large tool set, paper charts, rum, wine and music. What else would you suggest that I'm overlooking?

It'll be me and my admiral, and my long time Carver-owning parents on the boat. A capable crew, and good help.

Did I mention I'm excited?!! Haha :drunk:

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Re: Our first "significant" trip in our 530 Voyager

Postby Midnightsun » June 20th, 2019, 8:39 am

I'm excited for you. :captain2: Enjoy the adventure and company. Hope all systems perform flawlessly. :down:
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » June 20th, 2019, 10:12 am

youll have so many memories after this trip . good luck and soak it all in, if you make down to green turtle bay marina which is on ky lake try and borrow the transient van and go over to patti's settlement about 5 or so minutes drive. neat place to hang out and have some great food.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

golgi
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby golgi » June 20th, 2019, 12:09 pm

g36 wrote:Source of the post youll have so many memories after this trip . good luck and soak it all in, if you make down to green turtle bay marina which is on ky lake try and borrow the transient van and go over to patti's settlement about 5 or so minutes drive. neat place to hang out and have some great food.

That's where we're headed! My parents had their 466 there years ago. Love that marina. And we'll definitely be enjoying some flower pot bread from Patti's :down:

United States of America
ColRon
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver Santego 3867
“Escape Plan”

Postby ColRon » June 20th, 2019, 12:21 pm

golgi wrote:Source of the post That's where we're headed! My parents had their 466 there years ago. Love that marina. And we'll definitely be enjoying some flower pot bread from Patti's

Golgi and g36, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Patti's in Grand Rivers burnt down about a year ago now. :cry: They are in the process of rebuilding, but its not yet completed. They have, however, reopened a temporary hamburger stand which goes back to their roots and how they started.

GTB on Lake Barkley has opened a new restaurant called the Thirty Turtle in addition to Dockers Breakfast on the Bay and the Commonwealth Yacht Club.
Ron
1989 Carver Santego 3867
“Escape Plan”
Murray, KY

:usa:

golgi
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby golgi » June 20th, 2019, 12:41 pm

Sad news indeed! Thank you for letting us know.

United States of America
ColRon
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver Santego 3867
“Escape Plan”

Postby ColRon » June 20th, 2019, 1:56 pm

Golgi, we may head up to GTB ( it’s about 40 miles north of our marina) for the 4th of July weekend. We haven’t decided exactly where we are headed that weekend, but look for us and Escape Plan while your there and don’t hesitate to introduce yourselves.
Ron
1989 Carver Santego 3867
“Escape Plan”
Murray, KY

:usa:

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » June 20th, 2019, 4:34 pm

That is sad news about patti's glad they are rebuilding. GTB is where we got our 405 it is a nice place. We traveled back home about 460 miles up the tenn to home in soddy daisy I loved making that trip we made it a 9
day vacation just stopping at various towns along the way. Great memories
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

golgi
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby golgi » June 20th, 2019, 5:02 pm

ColRon wrote:Source of the post Golgi, we may head up to GTB ( it’s about 40 miles north of our marina) for the 4th of July weekend. We haven’t decided exactly where we are headed that weekend, but look for us and Escape Plan while your there and don’t hesitate to introduce yourselves.

Will do!! Same to you if you see Wave Goodbye, although we haven't got the new name slapped on the back yet. Trying to let the sun bleach out where I removed the previous name a bit first.

golgi
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby golgi » June 28th, 2019, 5:49 am

Departing tomorrow morning. Hopefully weeks of planning pay off and I also hope all these rains have finally subsided for a bit. The rivers have been full of prop-killers!

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”