Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Beginning Of Season Near

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Re: Beginning Of Season Near

Postby Cooler » December 20th, 2020, 10:02 pm

HI Bud,....yup shortest daylight day tomorrow, and then the 22nd. Starting the 23rd, we gain some daylight and the journey to the Summer Solstice begins! :clap: I agree, the new year will be loaded with positivity. We will finally have the dreaded COVID-19 in surrender, and things should start to return to normal. Water levels are forecasted to drop a bit, so now we can tie up to those marinas we had to avoid last season. Can't wait for 2021! Final thought: in order to relieve my geographical neighbors, I bought a big, 3 stage, snow blower. Now that it is sitting in my garage, we have already had 12" less snow than last year at this time. Take care all! 130 days to go! 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Canada
Grafunkus
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 1982 33' Carver Mariner
1985 3607 Carver Aft Cabin

Postby Grafunkus » December 22nd, 2020, 8:43 am

Our marina just posted - only 19 Fridays till boating season!!!

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Twin 350XL Crusaders

Postby Cooler » December 22nd, 2020, 1:05 pm

Yoo Hoo! That sounds even better! Seems like that is about the number of Fridays in a boating season. So...in about a boating season, it will be boating season. We gain 3 seconds of sunlight today! Another 8 seconds tomorrow! 118 days to go! 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » February 5th, 2021, 5:38 pm

Heh Cooler...whats going on out your way ?.....more fishers had to be rescued from the ice...good grief... :beergood:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Twin 350XL Crusaders

Postby Cooler » February 5th, 2021, 6:35 pm

Yep! 60 brave souls. The ice in that area is kind of predictable with how the wind and currents move around. Nice day, just a heck of a lot of current, and there was a storm approaching from the SW. A small crack opened up going north & south, usually east & west in that area. Before they knew it there was 1000 ft of open water. There were actually 3 groups on 3 seperate sheets. There were 2 pro guides out there with 30 years experience. They were shocked at how fast that crap show progressed. Winds last night and today were gusting at 40mph. Who knows where all the shanty's ended up. I am really interested in trying some ice fishing, but then I have to get on the ice. I only like to deal in small amounts of ice, 'bout a glass full. 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Twin 350XL Crusaders

Postby Cooler » March 10th, 2021, 2:02 pm

This is impressive! 25 pages of comments. Well, here is more. Got my buffing/polishing done this weekend. Got most of my Infinity Teak carpeting cut, just need to do final trim after the carpet lays for a while. Need to get bottom paint touched up, only about an hour job. Mechanic needs to install my rebuilt steering arm, and change out water impellers with those run dry type I will be testing and I am good to go!!! NOW THE BIG NEWS - got my second Pfizer covid shot yesterday. Grandkids coming for visit in 10 days, let the hugging begin! Just 52 days to launch! Life is good! 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake

Canada
uchu
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1988 Carver Santego 2767 - Twin Mercruisers 4.3LX with Alpha-One drives

Postby uchu » March 10th, 2021, 9:15 pm

Can't wait for the season to begin...7 more weeks!

Netherlands
Phrancus
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: Sold: Carver 26 Command Bridge / 280 sedan 1992.

Postby Phrancus » March 11th, 2021, 1:46 am

In two weeks we can move her to the summer marina :D

much closer by so easier to take a bit of time here and there to shorten the todo list
Share your Carver experiences, share marine life. Donate when you can but post what your Carver adds to your life too!

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » March 11th, 2021, 3:28 am

Must be covid restriction but man oh man this year I am so looking forward to hitting the water. Unfortunately we still have lots of snow on the ground but good news is it will get up to 12c (53F) today. Last night it was above freezing for the first time since the holidays so yes things can and will change quickly now. Still a good 2 months away from opening of marinas and launch though.
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » March 11th, 2021, 7:27 am

Still a lot of ice around here but that will go quickly once the rivers start running. I figure on launch around the second week of April.

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”