Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Beginning Of Season Near

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Beginning Of Season Near

Postby bud37 » June 21st, 2020, 4:59 pm

So happy Fathers day to all you folk.....the longest daylight hours of the year today as well.....now , wait for it, tomorrow the daylight hours begin to get shorter....... :censored:

Rick you had better get out there, times a wastin....... :-D
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Topic author United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » June 22nd, 2020, 8:17 am

Planning to take my shakedown cruise this coming weekend. Will cruise up the Detroit River and spend the weekend at William G. Millikin State Park marina. It will be a decent enough distance to call it a shakedown.

My problem is I have been spending my time on the jetski and not the boat.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » July 9th, 2020, 6:26 pm

Bit of a beginning and season end all in one....

So this morning the boat was put in, ....I believe at this point it is sold , just waiting for sea trial. It looks great in the water again. But ya never know.

Funny but I enjoyed getting the air working and firing up the mains and genny. This ritual ( spring commission ) is something I have always done by myself. I will miss this greatly , there will be no more big boats for us if this sells...... :cry:

Quite emotional thinking this is the last time for this, another life chapter closing fast, even though it is hotter than @#$#@#$ at 8 AM..... Boating for my wife and I has been a lifetime thing to do, we have always had some kind of boat, sometimes two ,even when I was racing we had a small boat. Weekend trips ( Toronto harbour views at night from Queen City yacht club ), lots of salmon fishing, nightly cruises.

Odd , we always wanted to be on Georgian Bay, I have over the years memorized all the Ports books from the 80's on.....but because of family and health issues we have barely done what we dreamed to do up here.

I sincerely hope the new owners appreciate what they are getting here...... :popcorn:

I will say that if we were to win any sort of lottery, there may be a chance of another boat but it would have a crew ....... :-D .....sound of me slapping myself here.....NO...

Well good luck guys with your seasons to come and go, enjoy them however they are....... :beergood: .... :beergood:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
rjr
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 440 MY

Postby rjr » July 10th, 2020, 10:37 pm

Bud37: Poignant.

Fair winds and following seas.

Topic author United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » July 10th, 2020, 10:40 pm

Life is a series of chapters. You may be ending one chapter but another is just beginning.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » July 18th, 2020, 6:38 am

Well this chapter is now closed...there will be NO MORE big boats for us.......we watched the boat go out for sea trial yesterday, very odd, it did look good though, but seen that before, sitting having coffee and " look at that, isn't that our boat going by" :-D . The only thing that went wrong was that stupid sync gage ( I had forgotten about that ), it works it doesn't work.....who knows... :beergood:

The boat is sold to a very nice couple, much younger than us, they do seem genuinely thrilled with the boat and did thank us for taking such good care of it. This will be their first big boat I believe, so it will be quite the adventure for them.

They will be moving it to a different Marina so at least we can still go to our spot and have coffee without seeing the boat everyday. They will have to learn to operate stuff I haven't even had the chance to use.... :-D

Now there are two boats we have sold for more than we paid and both were Carvers... :down: ....to qualify, we did spend quite a few boat bucks on them while we were up grading though... :-O , so, maybe even after paying all the hands out in the process we were even......10% for broker ( ridiculous, the buyer pushed them, lazy and arrogant is about as close as I can come to an accurate description..... I pushed them ,my pics etc ), but they did the sea trial yahoo....

Yup it was quite the week, we had to return our Lab puppy to the breeder, both the wife and myself, way more me, could not handle the commitment ( health is just too bad ).....just not fair for the little dog, and she was great while we had her, cute and smart, nothing like our previous dogs though, I guess more things change as you age with perception being one of them. Now that was very hard, :cry: tears every day but getting better.

Now we are down to the Starcraft in the garage, we can still get out on the bay when we can I guess.

So even though we don't have a Carver anymore maybe I can still visit and get my daily dose, this is the only forum I belong to, That is why I wrote this, makes me feel a little better and if our adventures can help anyone, well more the better......... :beergood:

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » July 18th, 2020, 7:46 am

It's bittersweet for sure. Stick around Bud, there's a lot of people that can still use your help.

Did you tell the new owners about us?

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » July 18th, 2020, 10:16 am

Hey Bud. Enjoyed your input for the last 3 seasons. Stick around. There is no replacement for experience. Thanks for the years! You have been thanked by 643 boaters! 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » July 19th, 2020, 12:27 pm

Thanks to you two.......... :beergood: ...... :beergood:

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » December 19th, 2020, 10:39 am

Well here we are another winter about to start in a few days.....BUT....also in a few days the daylight hours begin to increase and with that a new year on the way that I believe we can all look forward to with positive anticipation.....have a good winter all and stay safe...

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”