Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Poll for NEW boat purchases.

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

How many have purchased a brand new boat over boating life so far ??

16-20 feet
43%
21-28 feet
33%
29-35 feet
14%
36-42 feet
10%
43-52 feet
No votes
wow 53 plus
No votes

Total votes: 21

Netherlands
Phrancus
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: Sold: Carver 26 Command Bridge / 280 sedan 1992.

Re: Poll for NEW boat purchases.

Postby Phrancus » May 8th, 2021, 10:39 am

Viper wrote:Source of the post they also like the portability of smaller boats, great for cottages, etc. etc.

:approve: I like the pictures of 28" Carvers on trailers being considered portable... no way you can get around Europe with a combination like that :cry:
Share your Carver experiences, share marine life. Donate when you can but post what your Carver adds to your life too!

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » May 9th, 2021, 9:05 pm

Here in Maryland, many people tow 42' go fast boats every weekend.

Netherlands
Phrancus
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: Sold: Carver 26 Command Bridge / 280 sedan 1992.

Postby Phrancus » May 10th, 2021, 2:51 am

2.55m (8.37 feet) wide and 8m (26.25 feet) long is most common. IN rare cases and with special permission 3m (9.84 feet) wide is allowed.
Mastlength varies a bit between 7.50m (UK) and 10m (32.81 feet) (most other countries)

However, the roads (especially the furniture around them like posts, signs, lights, houses, world) are not very kind to sizes outside the 'box' of a cargo trailer/truck combination (13.12 feet high and 8,37 wide) so you can get quite far but hard to get close to the water.

Besides that, the cars are not the size like pick-up trucks in the US as here they are taxed on weight and/or power and/or emissions. Plus they don't fit in the streets and parking lots. Big hassle for the few times you haul your boat around.
On the other hand: distances are relatively short so having the boat in a marina elsewhere is less of an issue as in the US, I suppose.
Although countries differ in their requirements for owning/leaving/using a boat.

Sounds easy on your side: have the boat at home for maintenance, hook it up and dip it into a lake of choice and get going. No marina box fees, no fouling, no hauling all your gear and tools there and back.
If I had a trailer for our 28 sedan I couldn't park it on my property but it would make winter storage a huge amount easier.

Back to topic: I think it's different if you can take your boat home instead of leaving your investment in the water/marina and only see it when you either have to because of problems or want to when the weather turns nice. For the people who buy a boat to go boating that is, higher incomes look at things differently.
Share your Carver experiences, share marine life. Donate when you can but post what your Carver adds to your life too!

Netherlands
Sailor Robbert
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 390 CPMY 1993 with 250 HP
Cummins Diesel

Postby Sailor Robbert » November 11th, 2021, 4:09 am

Buying a new boat is something for the "Rich" my wife always use to say.
Thank god I am a rich man,
Just bought my first new boat, not for myself but since I am so rich, I bought one for my Grand daughter.
toy boat-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem :pirate: :captain: ;-)

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”