Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Cruising the ICW NY to Florida on Venture

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

United States of America
KandJ72
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: '76 Carver Mariner 3395
Twin 351W Vdrives
Refit in process

Re: Cruising the ICW NY to Florida on Venture

Postby KandJ72 » June 23rd, 2021, 9:20 pm

Hardchines
YEAH I don't blame you there!I go to the keys to get away from family LOL...
If you haven't already gotten a HotSpot look into Cricket they offer affordable plans and coverage is AT&T towers so coverage pretty much everywhere

Topic author United States of America
hardchines
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 1980 Carver
Santa Cruz

Postby hardchines » June 25th, 2021, 10:05 pm

well just set up hot spot and you should see my lightning rod assm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hardchines
First Mate
First Mate
Santa Cruz

Postby hardchines » June 25th, 2021, 10:11 pm

it worked!

hardchines
First Mate
First Mate
Santa Cruz

Postby hardchines » June 25th, 2021, 10:31 pm

test 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hardchines
First Mate
First Mate
Santa Cruz

Postby hardchines » June 25th, 2021, 10:36 pm

wife :-P

United States of America
RonAltman
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2004 Carver 466

Postby RonAltman » June 27th, 2021, 10:27 pm

Will be following your trail in August working my way back to Fort Myers, travel safe...

hardchines
First Mate
First Mate
Santa Cruz

Postby hardchines » July 7th, 2021, 9:20 pm

Well folks big change in plans, I had to shorten my trip to just down to Norfolk Va and back, but now I had to change my plans again! I have some family activities that have me concerned about not being close to home for so long, I have a daughter that will be moving to Fl to attend medical school and my wife will be going with her to help get her settled in the house we have rented for her, so they will be driving down with a trailer in tow so I want to be close to home if they have any issue. my other daughter in in the Air force on deployment in the middle east and should be returning soon, its been 6 months and again I want to be close to home when she gets home.

So I am going to go on a trip I have done several times in the past, I hope to depart in the next week on a trip down the Hudson and turn left in the ocean and spend some time along the south shore of Long Island, I will try to update this thread and do what I can to make it interesting, sorry for the change but life has a way of changing our plans. My father used to say if you want to make God laugh "tell him your plans" !! :-D

hardchines
First Mate
First Mate
Santa Cruz

Postby hardchines » July 17th, 2021, 9:03 pm

well I am sitting in my cabin in a bay called Zacks Bay, the windows are open and the wind speed just came up to a pretty steady 14 mph, my generator is humming away keeping the batteries topped off and the two refrigerators cold as well as the stand alone ice maker.

At this point all is pretty well, but its been a tough trip so far, here are some highlights I worked till 10:30 this past Tuesday, packing food and supplies, at about 10:00 I was just finishing topping off the fresh water tanks, I stepped down a wrong on my ten foot latter then back to the ground but I was on the wrong wrong , I fell back and landed hard on my hip and back, hard landing, I thought I broke something but as I started to move everything seemed to work that was a close one.

It was important to leave early in the morning as the ocean on Thursday would be good travel conditions and after Thursday conditions were looking bad for about 5 days, it is a two day trip for me to get to Zacks bay! launched at my yacht club at around 7:30 got ready and off I went, 3 hours later just south of West Point I noticed the 12 volt gauge had gone to 12.7 from the 14.4, the engine room camera showed the alternator spinning away , i figured I would be installing my spare alternator, no big deal 10 min job! Well I opened the hatch and I quickly realized the problem, the large bolt that is the pivot point for the alternator had failed, called sea tow and was towed back to the club! more to follow soon and picture will be uploaded soon also.

hardchines
First Mate
First Mate
Santa Cruz

Postby hardchines » August 4th, 2021, 9:11 am

Have not kept up with this thread, will do it when I return to my home in a couple of weeks!

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » August 4th, 2021, 8:36 pm

Can't wait :down:

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”