Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Michigans Inland Waterway

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

Topic author United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Michigans Inland Waterway

Postby RGrew176 » July 14th, 2021, 8:20 am

I previously traversed this waterway back in 1997. At the time my boat was a 1996 Bayliner 2855 Ciera Sunbridge one of the best boats I have ever owned. I've been wanting to go back again but if I were to go in the Carver it would cost me $4300+ just for fuel so I am going back the first week of August during my vacation.

I've decided to tow my jetski up north and will, weather permitting do the waterway on my Yamaha. Really looking forward to this trip. It will be great to cruise that waterway once more. Not getting any younger 71 at the moment so it's now or possibly never.

Here is a link about that waterway: http://www.fishweb.com/maps/inlandwater/index.html

Driving up to Mackinaw City Tuesday August 3rd plan to do the waterway on the 5th if all goes well. If Lake Huron is calm enough I may launch and take the ski out onto Lake Huron and possibly cross under the Mackinaw Bridge into Lake Michigan. Have already had the jetski out on Lake Erie and Lake St. Clair. Would like to add lakes Huron and Michigan to the tally.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Topic author United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Re: Michigans Inland Waterway

Postby RGrew176 » July 15th, 2021, 8:41 am

Looks like there could be a bit of a change of plans for the trip. My son called me this morning and would like to do the waterway himself. He has a 20' Sun Tracker pontoon boat and would like me to accompany him on his boat. If he can get his schedule set of so he can be off this is what may happen.

I will have to possibly give another time to do it on the jetski. We'll see what happens.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”