Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

CYO Rendezvous 2024

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

Topic author United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

CYO Rendezvous 2024

Postby Cooler » October 27th, 2022, 8:57 am

Hello All! Tried to organize an event a few years ago, but not enough interest. Maybe was timing, so I thought I would get started earlier. It would be a lot of fun to get together at a warm location during the 2024 early off-season to celebrate, talk smart & lie, and meet face to face! First, we need a volunteer(s) to host, preferably at a marina. We could all bring our own food and libations, and make this a really simple meet & greet! Is anyone willing to do this? Years ago, Benda was going to host on his newly acquired Hatteras, but has since moved from Jupiter Florida, to Illinois. We can communicate effectively via this forum. VIPER - hope you are able to make it as a featured celebrity among all us boating nuts! What does everybody think? Can be a 1 day event, or couple days! Arangements are totally flexible. 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Netherlands
Phrancus
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: Sold: Carver 26 Command Bridge / 280 sedan 1992.

Re: CYO Rendezvous 2024

Postby Phrancus » October 27th, 2022, 11:11 am

Great! Love the idea!

I'm out of boat and on the other side of the world but nevertheless: great idea!
Share your Carver experiences, share marine life. Donate when you can but post what your Carver adds to your life too!

Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Twin 350XL Crusaders

Postby Cooler » October 27th, 2022, 11:22 am

That doesn't matter. You're welcome to attend. That's why there are airplanes. Hope to see you there. A lot of owners would like to thank you in person for taking on that document project to preserve a bunch of Carver data. Stay in touch. 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » October 27th, 2022, 4:42 pm

When and where....what ya thinking here..... :popcorn:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Twin 350XL Crusaders

Postby Cooler » October 28th, 2022, 10:43 am

Thought I would let people weigh in as to each of those points. If someone volunteers to host, then that would be the destination. As far as when, I would lean toward late January, early to mid Feb, 2024. Do it in front of college spring break, flights & hotels are still reasonable. Would need to be southern half of Florida to have warm weather during those months. Lets see you volunteers to be host boat! 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake

Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Twin 350XL Crusaders

Postby Cooler » November 20th, 2022, 10:04 am

Viper - any thoughts on your possible attendance? Then we would be able to attract a volunteer host, due to your celebrity status.
Hans - if you're pretty confident in the repair schedule for your condo, this may be a good opportunity to celebrate your good fortune. :popcorn: 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake

Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Twin 350XL Crusaders

Postby Cooler » February 20th, 2023, 11:31 am

Update. Seeing as this topic has not attracted any significant response, I will withdraw the idea and plan a cruise in that time slot. I just thought it would be so much fun, interesting to meet all of you in person, and share some stories. Just around 74 days to launch! Getting closer every day. 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”