Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Year long world retirement cruises

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Year long world retirement cruises

Postby bud37 » March 20th, 2023, 8:59 pm

Interesting article in the paper today about folks that are retiring for one maybe two years at sea. Some of the cruise lines offer these at around 40K cad ( About 30K usd ) each per year.......can be more depends on cabin.
Apparently these are all inclusive......sounds surprisingly reasonable to me. Anyone ever consider these offerings?
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Year long world retirement cruises

Postby km1125 » March 21st, 2023, 10:19 am

Don't think I could stand being on a cruise ship for three days, much less a YEAR!!

But I have seen articles about those year-long packages before. Probably not a bad deal if you enjoy the "cruise ship" life.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » March 21st, 2023, 11:11 am

Bud, attach a link to some of those articles. Would like to read some. That seems a heck of a lot better than a typical retirement facility. Just looked at a couple for a friend. Rooms are not much bigger than a ship cabin, and the rent is usually in the $60K range. 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » March 21st, 2023, 11:27 am

Would be interesting to read also. We've been on several just back from a 20 day cruise. I dont know if i personally i could do a year but the price is intriguing also a while the ships have decent food options i really miss my normal food afterwhile. Probably an inside room too which is ok for awhile too but sure would miss my balcony. . Curious if the daily "tips" are included in that price, as many cruise lines are heading towards $20 pp/day your add that in to a 365 day cruise and that's adding another $14600 for 2 to the price.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » March 21st, 2023, 12:02 pm

g36 wrote:Source of the post Would be interesting to read also. We've been on several just back from a 20 day cruise. I dont know if i personally i could do a year but the price is intriguing also a while the ships have decent food options i really miss my normal food afterwhile. Probably an inside room too which is ok for awhile too but sure would miss my balcony. . Curious if the daily "tips" are included in that price, as many cruise lines are heading towards $20 pp/day your add that in to a 365 day cruise and that's adding another $14600 for 2 to the price.

:-O :-O

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » March 21st, 2023, 12:17 pm

The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » March 21st, 2023, 12:34 pm

I have been on a few cruises however not exactly my thing. I cannot imagine being on one for a year or 2 as I would probably be on one of those 600lb shows. Seems like all you do is eat on those things or run around the top deck every morning trying to burn off those 10,000 calories from the previous day. :-D

Personally I would go nuts, I need to keep my mind and body busy. Not that I do workouts or run or anything of the sort but I need to move some. Now that age has crept up, my wife and I take walks almost every morning rain or shine, usually 5km. I could easily retire today however I would not know what to do with myself so work it is. We do travel 3 times a year now and spend lots of time on the boat since I only work 4 days a week and mostly only 3 for most of the summer. ;-)
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » March 22nd, 2023, 12:03 am

Guys, its to see the world in style.....heck of a lot cheaper than buying a 50' Nordhavn and setting off by yourself. Of course it would not be for everyone, thats a given, not for us either BUT still I was amazed by the price.

Canada
Grafunkus
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 1982 33' Carver Mariner
1985 3607 Carver Aft Cabin

Postby Grafunkus » March 22nd, 2023, 7:48 pm

All inclusive isn't always all inclusive. The only cruise I have been on, despite purchasing the beverage package, the water in suite wasn't included. We just had to go down one level and then we could get our "included" water.

United States of America
KyleR
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: MV Verity
2002 Carver 396
Twin Cummins 6BTA 370HP

Postby KyleR » March 23rd, 2023, 9:22 am

We've been on some cruises and really liked them. They were Disney Cruises (years ago before they went woke) and the service and food were amazing! My only problem would be that I would probably gain 100+ pounds if I ate for a year like I did on those cruises!! :lol:
MV Verity
2002 Carver 396
Twin Cummins 6BTA 370HP

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”