Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

350 Mariner - some questions/comments

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Canada
feeez
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2001 350 Mariner

Re: 350 Mariner - some questions/comments

Postby feeez » August 14th, 2016, 11:37 pm

A fuel transfer would be handy. I have the same situation with my genny pulling from one side only. I noticed there is a breaker for this on the 12v panel already.
Former 2001 350 Mariner owner

United States of America
amanphoto
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: carver mariner 350

Postby amanphoto » August 16th, 2016, 11:49 am

Is there a valve that you open and they will equalize to the same level?

United States of America
Jerrygray
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2009 Carver Mariner 36M

Postby Jerrygray » January 24th, 2022, 12:49 pm

RuffLife wrote:Source of the post We are in our second season with our 1999 350 Mariner. Overall we LOVE this boat and it is perfect for the type of boating we do.

The things we love most:

The room on the flybridge is just amazing, especially after we had new canvas done in the spring that extends over the rear seat.
    The amount of interior space/storage
    Handles really well, as long as its not too windy
    The shower!

Things that we don't love or find curious:

The water that collects on the swim platform, stairs and swim ladder because it is nose heavy
    The outlet at the helm on our boat wasn't working at first. Figured out that it is a GFCI outlet (as it should be) but the outlet with the GFCI reset is inside the bow storage area at the back of the helm where all of the wiring is. Not sure how one would ever get in there if you have the optional ice maker.
    We have water that mysteriously collects in the furthest forward bilge area. There is a bilge pump in there but it can't remove all the water. Have driven myself crazy trying to figure out where the water is coming from

A couple of questions for other 350/360 Mariner owners:

Has anyone taken out the existing carpet and galley wood floor and installed hardwood or something else in its place? We have two dogs and a cat on board and the carpet needs to be ripped out. Trying to work through the best option for a replacement floor covering
    Looking to also possibly replace the cockpit and flybridge carpets. The ones that came with it are getting warn and if they get wet, they take forever to dry. Just removing them and having no covering isn't an option. With two big muddy shedding dogs, that nice white doesn't stay white for more than a few seconds. Looking at the wood look Nuteak (or similar) or the new Infinity woven fabrics that are really light weight and look like they would be easier to keep clean. Does anyone have experience with either of these?

Looking forward to hearing from others who are enjoying their Mariners!

Water in the forward bilge has always been from my Shower sump, when the pump fails.

United States of America
Jerrygray
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2009 Carver Mariner 36M

Postby Jerrygray » January 24th, 2022, 12:53 pm

water in the forward bilge has always been when my Shower/AC sump pump fails and it overflows.

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » January 24th, 2022, 7:14 pm

The fuel transfer was only available on diesel equipped boats.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » January 25th, 2022, 9:20 am

Viper wrote:Source of the post
amanphoto wrote:Source of the postIs there a way to pump fuel from one tank to the other? Is there a way to even out the two fuel tank volume?

There are fuel transfer pumps on the market that you could install to transfer fuel from one tank to the other. I've seen some Carvers with these so it may be a factory option. You can also even out tank levels by using the tank selector valves to draw only from the highest tank until the levels are the same and then switch back to isolate. I do this periodically as I use the generator a lot so eventually my port tank has less fuel than the other.

How are the fuel valves set up on the Mariners? On my older 3607, it was easy to switch either engine to either tank, or both engines to either tank. On some later models (356, notably) you could only switch from the main tank (port or stbd) to the Aux tank, so there was really no way to balance the tanks like I did on the 3607. That would have been annoying to me and I probably would have rigged another set of valves or a transfer pump.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » January 25th, 2022, 11:11 am

For approx. 2001, Each engine has its own tank.....generator comes stock from the stbd tank, the option for the gen install is a fuel valve to allow the gen to pull from either stbd or port.....valve located under center hatch hinge area.

There are extra fittings on the top of the tanks for any optional use however.....would be easy to set up a manifold for the engines. Imo ,there really isn't enough fuel difference between the engines to require all the extra valving.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
Batwing
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1999 Carver Mariner 350

Postby Batwing » March 19th, 2022, 1:34 pm

Hi RuffLife,
I have a 98 Carver 350 Mariner. Looks like there's a lot of suggestions for the water issue, but wanted to share a link to a former Carver 350 owner who I used to communicate with before he sold his boat. One of his projects was replacing the salon flooring, so it may be of help. Good luck and hopefully we can be of help since we have the same model Carver. I also recently posted a couple of forum questions for some interior salon issues. Here is the YouTube link to the gentlemen I mentioned.

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”