Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver 3207 Winterizing?

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author
acevesc
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 3207 Aft Cabin | YR 1983
Gas Engine: Twin 350 Crusaders | 6.5 Genset Onan Generator
Home Port: Umatilla, OR

Carver 3207 Winterizing?

Postby acevesc » September 30th, 2015, 3:58 pm

Newbie Needs Help!
Purchased a 3207 and now to winterize it. Live in an area with no mobile service center that can do the task. There is an RV center but felt uneasy when they asked me "What does WInterizing a boat entail".

I did download Winterizing list form BoatUS but woud really would like to know what has to get done and what can wait. The area I live in does snow but doesn't get below 19 degrees often but this year is suppose be colder so best to be safe than sorry.

Thank you,

Connie Acegal
Carver 3207 Aft Cabin | YR 1983
Gas Engine: Crusaders 350 Model 270| 6.5 Genset Onan Generator
Connie Acegal
Carver 3207 Aft Cabin | YR 1983
Gas Engine: Twin 350 Crusaders | 6.5 Genset Onan Generator

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Re: Carver 3207 Winterizing?

Postby RGrew176 » September 30th, 2015, 5:22 pm

I am in total agreement with you, I would not go to that RV place when they asked what does winterizing a boat entail. In other words they have no idea. Some things are relatively simple such as winterizing the head, water system and AC/heat. I usually do that stuff myself. I always leave the engines to the professionals. If they screw up they have to fix it. If I screw up I have to pay to get it fixed.

Are you at a marina? Do they have mechanics on their staff? If so they should be able to do the job. I would certainly stay away from that RV place as they apparently have no clue as to what to do. Good luck, hope you find the assistance you need.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

United States of America
AaHubb
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: '99 404 CPMY
my twin diesel pusher

Postby AaHubb » September 30th, 2015, 11:01 pm

Howdy neighbor! Welcome to the forum.
There's lots of folks here that can help plus lots of info available on the internet.
We are still a few months away from serious freezing weather so you have plenty of time.
..Aaron
'99 404 CPMY
SeaDragon

My Jurisdiction
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1981 3007 aft cabin

Postby My Jurisdiction » October 1st, 2015, 11:58 pm

You tube. It has some great tips on weatherization. Engines, air-con units, water systems. etc

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”