Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Cockpit vinyl panels on 350 Mariner

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author
docbob3704
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2002 350 Mariner with 3.5 Volvo pentas. Lake Erie, Niagara River, Buffalo NY
1st Carver

Postby docbob3704 » January 26th, 2016, 7:13 pm

Has anybody removed the vinyl padding around the cockpit of a 2002 350 mariner? Mine are looking a little worn and I want to reupholster them.

United States of America
Ramsport47
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 310 Santego

Postby Ramsport47 » January 27th, 2016, 6:18 am

We have removed them at work. There should be two screws under each one that hold them down and a snap at the front, then they lift straight up off of aluminum brackets.
Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag MPI (300hp)
Port: Cedar Point Marina, Sandusky, Ohio

Canada
Agriman
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 350 Mariner Twin 454 Crusaders

Postby Agriman » January 27th, 2016, 11:06 am

I removed ours on our 1998 Mariner and the padding across the back is a little snug to get a screwdriver under at the end where it attaches above the bilge vents but with an extra long Philips screw driver you can do it. The shop charged me $300.00 to redo in heavy white vinyl material. I replaced the air duct vents when I had the pads off with 4 inch plastic vents from H.D.

United States of America
SplashyLady
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: Carver 3227 Sedan Convertible
1986 - 260 Mercruisers - Kohler 5E

Postby SplashyLady » January 29th, 2016, 10:39 am

Are you talking about the coaming bolsters/pads? Most of these are made by Garelick and you can find replacements at marine outlets/salvage or on eBay. Seadek makes a newer version as well that some folks really like. They come in standard sizes (usually 36 or 48) and you can bend them around curves if needed.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=co ... r&_sacat=0

You can get the old ones recovered, but make sure the upholsterer uses marine grade materials! Sometimes it's less expensive to buy new ones than to get the old ones re-done. Good luck!
Captain John
Past Commodore, Peninsula Yacht Club
Lake Norman, NC
Carver 3227 - "Splashy Lady"
Aquasport 222CCP - "Gone Fission"

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”