Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

carver 466 twin disc commander

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author
vitmus
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 carver 466 twin volvo 63's

carver 466 twin disc commander

Postby vitmus » February 10th, 2016, 1:47 am

I have a 2001 carver 466 with an twindisc ec150, fly by wire type control system. I'm looking for a used ec 150 throttle/shifter unit to install on my aft deck for backing into my slip. Vision from flybridge is terrible looking backwards. Have image if someone can help me upload it. Don't see how to add it here. I have searched online and can't seem to find one anywhere, not even a picture of mine! Hopefully someone knows where there could be one. It has a selector switch on it to tell system which station you are at and a three position throttle preset. Thanks

Canada
Lyndon670
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 506
Volvo TAMD74EDC

Re: carver 466 twin disc commander

Postby Lyndon670 » February 12th, 2016, 11:20 pm

I have a 506 and had the same issue with the view from the bridge. I considered the remote station, but instead decided on a camera system. I use the camera system exclusively when backing into my slip and have no issue with the view. Our boats are somewhat similar in design, mine is just a touch wider. Installation was painless, as I went with a wireless camera system.
Lyndon,
2000 Carver 506
FOXY JOE
Volvo 7.4TAMD
Queens Cove Marina
Georgian Bay, Ontario

United States of America
cpoint
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 356 aft cabin

Re: carver 466 twin disc commander