Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Transporting Carver 326

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author
flynet35
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 326

Transporting Carver 326

Postby flynet35 » March 6th, 2016, 1:45 pm

Does anyone have any experience with transporting the Carver 326? I believe the arch/hardtop needs to be removed, but does the bridge also have to be removed to meet height restrictions. How difficult is it to remove any of these items? Any information on this matter will be appreciated.

RegalBeagle
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1995 320 Voyager

Re: Transporting Carver 326

Postby RegalBeagle » March 6th, 2016, 4:56 pm

For road travel, your radar arch (assuming you have the factory arch) will have to come down. You should be able to leave the bridge on. I keep my 320 at the marina all winter under a wrap only because I don't care to remove the arch. It isn't a huge job, but it is a pain. If I ever take mine off I'll likely keep it off and replace it with a folding radar mast.

Canada
Capt Happy
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1974 16 Foot ex DFO Lapstrake Speedboat
1985 21 Foot Baby Cape Islander
1977 26 Foot Trojan F-26 Cruiser
1997 Carver 320 Voyager

Re: Transporting Carver 326

Postby Capt Happy » March 7th, 2016, 10:26 am

Hi,
We recently transported a 320 Voyager across three provinces. Maximum height was 13' 6". We did need to remove the hardtop and supporting hardware. Most production boats were designed to be transported from the factory to distribution points and therefore the bridge in most cases would not need to be removed, larger models perhaps so. If you research the max height limits of where you intend to move vessel across and then contact the shipper for above ground clearances, you should be able to determine if you meet the requirements. A lowboy trailer will most likely fit your needs. The shipper we used was very professional and diligent in his care of vessel, can provide contact info if you like, I know he operates in Canada and across the U.S. Try to get someone running back empty and your costs should go down.
Cheers

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”