Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

'97 Carver 400 Port Engine belt change

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author
ID4publik
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1997 400 CPMY
We are having an increasing problem with an "Ultrac" sliding main hatch, the inverted "L" shaped acrylic (I think)...any hints how to get to the rollers/sliders on the top and bottom edges, and what they are made of?

'97 Carver 400 Port Engine belt change

Postby ID4publik » April 25th, 2016, 11:58 pm

I have a "97 carver 400 with Cummins BT5.9 diesels and a dinette and galley down, forward of the engine room..
Any tips on how to gain access to the port side engine to do a belt and tensioner change?
The gen set cuts off access to the front of the engine.
Anyone ever dealt with this?
Is there a way to partially disassemble the dinette maybe?
There is a fair amount of space underneath the dinette
Any other ideas options?

United States of America
AaHubb
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: '99 404 CPMY
my twin diesel pusher

Re: '97 Carver 400 Port Engine belt change

Postby AaHubb » April 26th, 2016, 9:19 pm

Hire a nine year old. When he's done with yours he can do my starboard engine. :banghead:
'99 404 CPMY
SeaDragon

Canada
Lyndon670
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 506
Volvo TAMD74EDC

Postby Lyndon670 » April 27th, 2016, 6:02 pm

My buddy has the 430 which is the identical boat - can you not go through (er cut an access panel) the aft seating of the dinette? I think that would give you access...
Lyndon,
2000 Carver 506
FOXY JOE
Volvo 7.4TAMD
Queens Cove Marina
Georgian Bay, Ontario

Topic author
ID4publik
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1997 400 CPMY
We are having an increasing problem with an "Ultrac" sliding main hatch, the inverted "L" shaped acrylic (I think)...any hints how to get to the rollers/sliders on the top and bottom edges, and what they are made of?

Postby ID4publik » April 28th, 2016, 12:04 pm

THerer is tiny panel below the inboard end of the aft dinette bench....for the 9 year old from the other post...
Utterly impractical...I cannot even reach the 3 seacocks below the dinette, had to use a boat hook to turn off the raw water inlet....

Design is AWFUL..... :banghead:

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”