Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Has anone installed a washer/dyer in Mariner 350?

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author United States of America
amanphoto
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: carver mariner 350

Re: Has anone installed a washer/dyer in Mariner 350?

Postby amanphoto » August 10th, 2016, 9:21 am

This has turned into a hull discussion. I love all the great feedback. Thank You.

RuffLife wrote:Source of the post As for the hull of the Mariner, it has a decent V shape at the bow but there is almost no deadrise at the stern and certainly no keel. It is certainly not a comfortable boat in even moderate seas for any length of time. I affectionately refer to it as the rubber ducky.

I would like to put in my observation. I spend A LOT of time at the marina. We push our boating season past Thanksgiving up here in NY. By this time of the year, all the Big Boats are out of water and dry docked at the Marina. I've seen the bottom designs of many different boats. All but one of our boats in our Marina have a keel. It's a houseboat. We have Searays, Carvers, Silvertons, Monterys, Wellcrafts, Rinkers. All over the 30' mark. We are in a bay so we don't have anything longer then 45'. Are keels reservered for more of an Ocean Going type?

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Re: Has anone installed a washer/dyer in Mariner 350?

Postby tomschauer » August 10th, 2016, 11:42 am

A keel provides additional stability in rough waters. Any large ocean going vessel will have a keel. Usually the larger the vessel, the deeper the keel.
If your boating is in the bay and normally in relatively calm waters, I personally wouldn't worry to much about having a keel.

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”