Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver Mariner 350 TV Antenna Wire Problem

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author United States of America
amanphoto
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: carver mariner 350

Carver Mariner 350 TV Antenna Wire Problem

Postby amanphoto » June 6th, 2017, 9:54 pm

I'm looking for some more information on Carver Mariner 350 (2nd generation 1997-2003) TV Antenna Wire routing. I have several coax wires that come out of where the TV is in the main salon. One wire runs to the bedroom tv, One runs to the Antenna on the Arch, and One Runs to the transom for shore hookup.

I've separated all the wires and removed the splitter and a/b switch. I put a coax cable tester on my the wires to try to identify where they go. I was able to identify the wire that runs to the transom-shore hookup. That wire showed good with the tester. The other two wires, the wire running to the bedroom and the wire running to the antenna did not pass (showed a break or short).

How are the wires routed to the arch and bedroom?

As a side note: All the coax wire are disconnected and loos at the TV, but the Antenna light still lights up when the antenna is plugged in.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Carver Mariner 350 TV Antenna Wire Problem

Postby bud37 » June 6th, 2017, 10:07 pm

Have a look above the fridge...that cupboard has a removable back wall ( just pull the tab ) there is where you will find the cable connections to the amp, plugged in to the same as the fridge 110.....at least that was where it was on mine....went thru the same thing and Kenny (ramsport ) told me the location......... :beergood:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Topic author United States of America
amanphoto
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: carver mariner 350

Postby amanphoto » June 7th, 2017, 10:52 pm

Thank you. I found the wires behind the secret panel above the fridge. I was able to test the wires and they are all ok. The only wire that is still not working, is the wire that goes to the bedroom. How is the coax wire routed to the bedroom from the tv area?

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » June 8th, 2017, 8:26 am

Not sure but have a look in the hanging locker and if the cable comes from above, it may just run around the front behind the jump seat.....I think I remember seeing some coax in there while following speaker wires around...( lots of stuff in there )....... :beergood:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
loveboating
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver Yachts 1998 350 Mariner SE

Postby loveboating » June 12th, 2017, 3:39 am

I just recently purchased 1998 350 Mariner myself and have encountered the same exact questions. We have the cable in the salon working but nothing else.

amanphoto wrote:Source of the post I'm looking for some more information on Carver Mariner 350 (2nd generation 1997-2003) TV Antenna Wire routing. I have several coax wires that come out of where the TV is in the main salon. One wire runs to the bedroom tv, One runs to the Antenna on the Arch, and One Runs to the transom for shore hookup.

I've separated all the wires and removed the splitter and a/b switch. I put a coax cable tester on my the wires to try to identify where they go. I was able to identify the wire that runs to the transom-shore hookup. That wire showed good with the tester. The other two wires, the wire running to the bedroom and the wire running to the antenna did not pass (showed a break or short).

How are the wires routed to the arch and bedroom?

As a side note: All the coax wire are disconnected and loos at the TV, but the Antenna light still lights up when the antenna is plugged in.

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”