Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Access salon a/c on 88 4207 yacht

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author United States of America
Happy
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1988 4207 Carver

Access salon a/c on 88 4207 yacht

Postby Happy » July 16th, 2017, 4:42 pm

I am trying to fix my salon a/c on my 1988 4207 carver. Can anyone help with accessing within the small hole.

United States of America
ghvh
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2002 Carver 396 Aft Cabin

Re: Access salon a/c on 88 4207 yacht

Postby ghvh » May 22nd, 2018, 5:39 pm

my reply is a question--- just joined,,, do not know to start new question, so tagged on here---- I have a Carver 396 with an A/C problem in my salon,,,,, after operating in A/C mode for maybe 24 hours, after the compressor cycles off with the temp setpoint reached, the compressor will not restar as the temp gets warm in the salon. Any ideas???

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » May 23rd, 2018, 9:59 pm

ghvh, start with the simple stuff. Does water pump through the system at a fairly good rate when calling for cooling? Is the air filter and coil clean?
You say it runs 24hrs before a problem? Does it take a long time to cool down? If so look at the coil just after it shuts off, is it frosty or icy? If so you are probably locking out on low pressure. Go back to checking the coil and filter for dust and dirt. Or it may be low on refrigerant, hopefully not, cause then you have a leak. Do you see an error on your control panel? HP or LP maybe.
If HP, most likely not moving enough water.
Either way, if you turn it off and then back on after a few seconds it will (or should) start again. But you need to find the root cause before you toast the unit.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » May 24th, 2018, 6:49 am

Happy wrote:Source of the post I am trying to fix my salon a/c on my 1988 4207 carver. Can anyone help with accessing within the small hole.

I'm assuming it's behind the port wall in the salon? Can the panel on that wall be removed?

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » May 24th, 2018, 6:52 am

ghvh wrote:Source of the post my reply is a question--- just joined,,, do not know to start new question, so tagged on here---- I have a Carver 396 with an A/C problem in my salon,,,,, after operating in A/C mode for maybe 24 hours, after the compressor cycles off with the temp setpoint reached, the compressor will not restar as the temp gets warm in the salon. Any ideas???

Does this happen in both heat and cool settings? What make and model do you have?

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”