Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver 3007?

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author United States of America
JC3
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Carver 3007?

Postby JC3 » August 5th, 2017, 5:54 pm

OK guys I need your help. After downsizing(sold my SR450DA) i want something smaller but yet comfortable thus my interest in the Carver 3007. My main concern is at anchor how does it act. It would appear top heavy and rolly. How does it handle at Trawler speed and what (Nautical mile per gallon) NMPG can I expect to get? This model is pretty old. What about parts, leaking windows and such? Any known issues associated with this boat. I would appreciate any general comments about this model. I really appreciate your help! JC

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

Re: Carver 3007?

Postby RGrew176 » August 6th, 2017, 2:23 am

I have an 81 model. So far no leaks and there does not appear to have been any in the past. At least there is no evidence of any leaks.

I am tracking my fuel usage this season and will be able to give some information about that at the end of the season. That fuel usage will be a total usage for the season so it will be an average for the whole season not a particular trip or cruise. Parts seem to be available. i just had my port side transmission rebuilt this past winter. The 5.7 Crusaders I am told are easy to obtain parts for. I am hoping that I won't need any parts soon but you never know when something might break down.

I have anchored out with mine a couple of times. It does not seem to be top heavy, at least not that I have noticed.

As to known issues I have not heard of any but that does not mean they do not exist.

I did add a 2" memory foam mattress topper for one of the bed in the aft-cabin as the mattress there was to hard to sleep comfortably on. The sleeping area in the forward V-berth area has a very comfortable mattress to sleep on.

I have done trawler speed runs just to see how economical it is to run that way. For me 1400 RPM seems to be a good setting as is 2000 RPM.
Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club
www.wrycc.com

Canada
Viper
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807

Postby Viper » August 6th, 2017, 10:00 am

I don't expect that she would handle any different at anchor then any other aft cabin would. With the right gear, some knowledge, and common sense, you shouldn't have any problem staying put.

There shouldn't be an issue getting engine parts. As far as getting Carver parts, while it's likely Carver won't have most of the items anymore, an email with your hull number is usually enough for them to supply you with a part number and the manufacturer that supplied the item to them. You may run into the odd manufacturer that is no longer in business which would pose a challenge but you'll run into that with any other brand of boat also.

Topic author United States of America
JC3
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby JC3 » August 6th, 2017, 12:58 pm

Thanks Rick and Viper I really appreciate the help. JC

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”