Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Hiding tv cable

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author United States of America
rmeyer03
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 355

Hiding tv cable

Postby rmeyer03 » January 21st, 2018, 11:24 am

I have a 1997 Carver 355. I use a tailgater to receive satellite signal and place on roof off of flybridge. My problem is I have been attempting to run cable into the arch down to below deck and up to entertainment center to Tv. I also plan on installing windlass this spring and need to route cable from windlass to flybridge helm...any secret to hiding these cables? Thanks for the help!

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Re: Hiding tv cable

Postby tomschauer » January 21st, 2018, 10:01 pm

I would imagine your 1997 is identical to my 1998. I guess I should take picture of this stuff when I am doing it.
This may help you out.
On the bridge, port side, remove the storage / speaker cubby. I believe there were four screws. This is where pretty much everything is routed.
I assume you already have figured out if you pop the back of the seat in front of the helm and remove the three plastic panels you can access all of the helm wiring. Getting from the helm area, to the "cubby" area is the easy part, use a fish tape and pull your wires. I always pull and extra so I can use it to pull future wires. From the cubby you can also get into your arch fairly easily.
The fun part is getting from the bridge down. In the cubby area, you will see the bundles of wires, throttle and shift cables and everything else. These drop down a chase that you can access by removing the salon rear port side speaker panel. If you don't have the removable panel, then the aft cabin port side closet back needs to be removed. Next, remove the base of the aft cabin closet. Then, access your port tranny area thru the really small access door in the forward wall of your aft cabin.
That gets you to all levels of you boat.

Lots of fun. Not easy but it can be done!!!

Topic author United States of America
rmeyer03
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 355

Postby rmeyer03 » January 22nd, 2018, 4:57 pm

TomSchauer..... by the "storage/speaker cubby", are you referring to the speaker port side front by the floor? I have tried to access the access panel on the arch, the one with about 8 screws, can get in , but can't get through the hole where the arch meets the bridge...

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » January 22nd, 2018, 5:01 pm

Its not just the speaker port, but the whole box with the two shelves and speaker. Its about 3' long and 2' tall.

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”