Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Lost the back rest bow seat in transit

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author United States of America
MICHELLE5197
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1999 Carver 350 Mariner

Lost the back rest bow seat in transit

Postby MICHELLE5197 » March 13th, 2018, 7:20 pm

:banghead:
Yes, you read it correctly- we lost the back of the bow seat. We just bought a new to us 1997 Carver 350 Mariner and the backrest of the bow seat flew off during its 300 mile ride to its new home. To say we are disappointed, is an understatement. Any ideas how to replace this back rest? We have no idea the dimensions to even begin and I have had no luck searching the web. To make the sting worse, they had just been reupholstered too. Any advice would be great.
Last edited by MICHELLE5197 on March 13th, 2018, 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michelle & Ernie
1997 Carver 350 Mariner
North Carolina

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Lost the back rest bow seat in transit

Postby bud37 » March 13th, 2018, 9:14 pm

Welcome to the forum....wow sorry to hear that......check out the carver yachts site, there is a drop down owners box there with parts, manuals etc which may help with part numbers and drawings....then maybe a call to Carver to see who made the original and if they can help, also perhaps check with boat salvage yards in your area.....good luck with it.
To be honest that back is not much more than plywood with a seat on it and two aluminium slide brackets....I think that could be made by any good marine upholstery guy if you can't find one.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Topic author United States of America
MICHELLE5197
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1999 Carver 350 Mariner

Re: Lost the back rest bow seat in transit

Postby MICHELLE5197 » March 13th, 2018, 10:10 pm

Thank you. I think the initial shock has worn off and all things considered in the moving a boat down the highway world, it could have been worse. We taped and tied down almost all the seats, but left the back cushion out of mix somehow. My husband and I both assumed it was bolted, even tied down the bench seat, but neglected to investigate the back section. It was an aggravating oversight. I appreciate the feedback and I think calling Carver will be our best option for specs for the seat. My husband can cut a board and we can have it upholstered. We have created many replacements in the past, but usually have the template to follow. LOL.
Michelle & Ernie
1997 Carver 350 Mariner
North Carolina

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”