Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver 444 CPMY ES help

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author United States of America
masbury2752
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2004 Carver 444 CPMY ES, Named "HisILan"

Carver 444 CPMY ES help

Postby masbury2752 » June 19th, 2018, 7:59 pm

Hi All,

We recently purchased a 2004 Carver 444 CPMY extended salon. We have been cruising in a sailboat for the past 6 years, prior to that I ran large offshore fishing boats, but I must admit that I am a little green when it comes to some of these systems. We are just getting it ready to set off and have run into a few issues that our surveys did not appear to cover and I am asking for help as the manual doesn't appear to solve my issues.

There are 2 thru hull fittings (silcock) in the aft lazarette on the port side. One is about a 1.25" that I believe runs under the master berth to a waste discharge pump, does that sound right? It is currently stuck / frozen. How is this system used / turned on?

The second is smaller, appears to be above the waterline, further back, needs replaced, is currently open, but I have yet to be able to trace it, any ideas?

Another issue I seem to be having is the faucet in the main galley is not working. The pump is working, all faucets, showers, and the bridge wet bar are working, and the former owner says it was working as did the survey. There was some work done on the engines as a result of the survey, could the technicians accidentally turned something off? I have started to try to trace it back but before I move furniture and get in behind the refrigerator, etc. I thought I would see if anyone has any clues on this one?

Any and all help and advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Marc

United States of America
waybomb
CYO Moderator
CYO Moderator
Vessel Info: 1995 Boston Whaler Rage15
1987 3697 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar 46 Kevlar Vee offshore
1969 15' Glasspar / 1967 Johnson Electromatic 85
1996 Boston Whaler Rage 15

Re: Carver 444 CPMY ES help

Postby waybomb » June 19th, 2018, 8:28 pm

For the faucet, check the aerator screen. Might simply be plugged up
Thanks
Fred
1969 Glaspar Avalon /1969 Johnson Electromatic 85
1987 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar Kevlar 46' with triple blown 572 ci
1995 Boston Whaler Rage
Past - 1988 2807, 1989 4207 Aft

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » June 19th, 2018, 8:33 pm

Welcome to the forum......sometimes at a sink it is just the screen on the tap that is clogged shut....here is link to the Carver parts manual for your boat, also sometimes it can help in tracing things out....good luck with your boat...... :beergood:
https://carveryachts.blob.core.windows. ... ual_04.pdf
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Topic author United States of America
masbury2752
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2004 Carver 444 CPMY ES, Named "HisILan"

Postby masbury2752 » June 19th, 2018, 9:41 pm

Thanks All,

I tried the screen, no problem there. The manual download was fantastic. That should help a lot. All I got with the boat was a waterlogged version missing most of the diagrams.

Thank again!

Marc

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » June 19th, 2018, 11:07 pm

Welcome Aboard and good luck getting everything up to snuff. This is the place to get good accurate information about your Carver.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » June 20th, 2018, 7:14 am

masbury2752 wrote:Source of the post .....There are 2 thru hull fittings (silcock) in the aft lazarette on the port side. One is about a 1.25" that I believe runs under the master berth to a waste discharge pump, does that sound right? It is currently stuck / frozen. How is this system used / turned on?...

Welcome aboard.
Yes that sounds right. Where allowed (offshore), this is used to pump holding tank contents overboard. There may be a three way valve somewhere to divert the waste to this system. There should also be a breaker on your main panel for the pump. For safety reasons, you should get the seacock replaced, especially if it's jammed in the open position. As a part of regular seacock maintenance/practice, you should exercise all the valves occasionally to keep them from sticking. There are also some valve lubricants on the market that can help prevent this as well.

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”