Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

370 Voyager stbd engine access

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author Canada
Forever Young
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1994 Carver Voyager 370

370 Voyager stbd engine access

Postby Forever Young » June 23rd, 2018, 6:40 pm

New poster here. Third year with my 370 Voyager, and wondered if anyone knows how to access the outboard side of the starboard engine? Remove the dinette? Port is a lot more accessible, but wow, starboard might as well be on Mars.
Last edited by Forever Young on June 23rd, 2018, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of America
Dewmyster
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1998 370 Voyager

Re: 370 Voyager stbd engine access

Postby Dewmyster » June 23rd, 2018, 8:02 pm

I have a 1998 and have plenty of room to squeeze in the front of the engine and have complete access to the outboard side of the engine. My port engine on the other hand has a hot water heater blocking me. I do have access panels under the dinette on the starboard side but couldn't o much thru them.
:usa:

Topic author Canada
Forever Young
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1994 Carver Voyager 370

Re: 370 Voyager stbd engine access

Postby Forever Young » June 23rd, 2018, 9:33 pm

Interesting. I have room on the port side to go all the way around, which is how the oil filter is changed, but starboard, a whole different kettle of fish. I can see that a new battery charger has been installed over there, but for the life of me I can't imagine a full size person going in. I have even taken off the cover for the serpentine belt, and the raw water hoses, but man, getting there is no easy feat, with all the head discharge hoses. And yes, I meant dinette not settee. I too have the access panels under the dinette and a storage area, but they are purely for oil filling, water filling and valve cover access. Maybe I should mention I have the Cummins 5.9's 315 hp turbo engines, but would that footprint eat up more space than any other option? And thanks for your reply.

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”