Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver Santego 3867

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Canada
Derailed
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1988 Carver Santego

Re: Carver Santego 3867

Postby Derailed » February 18th, 2019, 9:06 pm

I replaced the fridge in our 1988 Santego 38 with a Vitrifrigo. Awesome unit with lots of capacity

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » February 18th, 2019, 10:14 pm

And probably waaaaaayyyyyyyy more efficient and quieter then it's predecessor. :drunk:
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

United States of America
Captain jack Sparrow
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1988 Carver Santego 38

Postby Captain jack Sparrow » March 20th, 2019, 5:20 pm

Hello All, we recently bought a 3867 last August. Long story short we got back into boating after a long absence from sailing and decided to power boat instead of going back into sailboat. Something completely new for us. So we bought a 1988 Sea Ray 340 in the Sacramento delta and loved it. Except it didn't take long to figure out that we wanted a bigger boat. That's when we started looking again and the wife fell in love with the Santego 3867. So we bought it, hook, line and sinker. But the the thing is we haven't even had a chance to enjoy it since it was being completely retrofitted from August to December 2018. Took forever, then winter came. All in all we haven't even taken her out yet and only spent one night on her. Fortunately we are retired and so our plan is to bring her to permanent slip here where we live in Monterey CA. All in all it's been quite an adventure upgrading everything and very expensive, but the layout is perfect for us and like you said Matt, it's like buying a shell and doing it the way you want. Our boat looks exactly like yours Matt. We call her Andiamo! Looking forward to communicating further,

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » March 20th, 2019, 5:32 pm

Welcome to the forum and Carver........how extensive was your retro fit ? Those are nice boats.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
Captain jack Sparrow
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1988 Carver Santego 38

Postby Captain jack Sparrow » March 20th, 2019, 7:30 pm

Oh wow, we completely had the interior redone, new sanitation, lightening throughout, canvas enclosures top and bottom, upholstery, new inverter, backup camera, upgraded bilge pump systems, windlass, spotlight, fenders, all new electronics, stereo, tv and so much more little stuff that just added up.. Now they are upgrading the mattress and bed in the stateroom to customize it more like a standard queen which is what the wife wants. But overall it's been fun. We can't wait to get her out on the bay.

United States of America
ColRon
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver Santego 3867
“Escape Plan”

Postby ColRon » March 21st, 2019, 5:30 pm

Captain jack Sparrow wrote:Source of the post Oh wow, we completely had the interior redone, new sanitation, lightening throughout, canvas enclosures top and bottom, upholstery, new inverter, backup camera, upgraded bilge pump systems, windlass, spotlight, fenders, all new electronics, stereo, tv and so much more little stuff that just added up.. Now they are upgrading the mattress and bed in the stateroom to customize it more like a standard queen which is what the wife wants. But overall it's been fun. We can't wait to get her out on the bay.

Welcome Aboard Captain Jack! What year is she? Sounds like she will be like a brand new boat with all of that retro fitting. You know you have to post pictures, everyone loves pictures! :-)
Ron
1989 Carver Santego 3867
“Escape Plan”
Murray, KY

:usa:

Topic author Canada
vineyardgray
Captain
Captain

Postby vineyardgray » May 9th, 2019, 4:58 pm

Ah a fellow 3867 owner! I think you, Ron and I are the 3867 ambassadors! That's one of the problems with the Santigo is that all the variations are confusing. Even the model numbers are confusing!

It is a great opportunity to build it out the way you want it, that is for sure.

Do you have any pictures of the remodel? I would love to see that!
M/V Gilded Splinter
1988 Carver
3867 Santego
PCYC

United States of America
paddwheel
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby paddwheel » July 31st, 2019, 9:50 pm

Hi Guys! Trying to purchase a 1988 Santego 3867 in upstate New York. I’m 380 miles away by road and approx. 700 nautical miles bringing it by water. Trucking 5k - 6k. By water it would take about 8 days and cost 8k - 9k with captain fees, fuel and dockage. I want to do truck, problem seems to be height. Anyone know what has to be taken off to get her down to 13’6” sitting on the truck. Removing props, no problem. Removing windshield, radar pulpit, seats, even the steering wheel still doesn’t seem to get me there. Rudders, no thanks. How did they ship these back in day? Bridge came off? I even called the factory and they didn’t know or have any diagrams or shipping instructions for a 1988. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Greg

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » July 31st, 2019, 9:57 pm

A santego is couple feet lower than my 355. I would think a 38 santego would sit on a low boy with the arch removed. Your not thinking a regular flat bed that starts at 5' are you?
They both were shipped from the factory somehow.

No experience, just from looking.

United States of America
paddwheel
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby paddwheel » July 31st, 2019, 10:09 pm

No sir, no flatbed. A lowboy by a real pro. No arch on the 1988 Santego 3867.

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”