Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver 404 switches

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author Canada
Bandit
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: ‘99 Carver 404

Carver 404 switches

Postby Bandit » August 5th, 2018, 10:10 pm

Recently acquired a ‘99 404 and am doing some overdue TLC. Have some electrical work and need advise, Can anyone tell me what the 4 switches between the galley and the dining table operate as they are non functional atm? One has a green light to show it is activated.

Also outside in the the back cockpit there is a switch beside the sliding door; what does it operate?

Cheers

Topic author Canada
Bandit
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Re: Carver 404 switches

Postby Bandit » August 5th, 2018, 10:49 pm

Forgot to add pic’s
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

United States of America
buster53
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2001, Carver 356

Postby buster53 » August 5th, 2018, 11:05 pm

Ok, I have 4 switches as well on my 356. The top 2, one turns on 2 puck lights in the ceiling over the galley. The other one turns on a fluorescent fixture over the sink. The bottom 2, one turns on a puck light over top of the dinette. The other one with the indicator light, I assume turns on lights in the engine room, but I can't find them and if the are there, they are not working.

I might add...the 404 is a 356 with a cockpit.
Last edited by buster53 on August 5th, 2018, 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of America
buster53
Admiral
Admiral

Postby buster53 » August 5th, 2018, 11:11 pm

Make sure all your 12v breaker switches are on when you hit these switches and FYI, the fluorescent fixture over the sink has its own switch on the fixture itself, so both switches have to be on for the fixture to work

I wish someone could tell me where my engine room lights are so I could replace the bulbs.

United States of America
buster53
Admiral
Admiral

Postby buster53 » August 5th, 2018, 11:17 pm

The switch in the cockpit, could be ceiling lights or possibly a light where you step down into the companionway or step up to the flybridge. Try it at nighttime as you may not see it in the daylight

Topic author Canada
Bandit
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Bandit » August 6th, 2018, 2:00 am

Thanks, Not all the pucks are functional so will put a meter on them and toggle the switches. I was thinking the one with the green indicator may be engine room, there is a fixture above the starting batteries directly under the entrance staircase but it is not functional.

Did not see the fluorescent fixture in the galley, will look closer when I go back tomorrow.

United States of America
buster53
Admiral
Admiral

Postby buster53 » August 6th, 2018, 7:58 am

All those pucks have halogen bulbs which create a lot of heat. I'm replacing all of mine with LED's

Thanks for the hint on the engine room light. I finally found mine. Is that the only one or are there others?

United States of America
AaHubb
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: '99 404 CPMY
my twin diesel pusher

Postby AaHubb » August 6th, 2018, 10:21 am

Hi Bandit, I have the same boat!
I'll add the switch in the cockpit controls the lights on the inside transome wall.
..Aaron
'99 404 CPMY
SeaDragon

Topic author Canada
Bandit
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Bandit » September 2nd, 2018, 11:21 am

Well I pulled the cockpit switch and the inners crumbled from rust. Problem is the switch body does not fit through the hole leading me to beleive it was installed from the backside behind the bathroom mirror :banghead:

Before I try breaking up the switch and potentially loosing the wires anyone know how the bathroom mirror is mounted? I don't need any more bad luck by breaking the mirror ...

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”