Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Mariner / Santego?

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Re: Mariner / Santego?

Postby Cooler » February 24th, 2019, 1:50 pm

Darn! Just checked out where Barrie is. That's a hike for me. I was going to offer to help, just for fun, but it is a long drive. Besides, I really like Poutine! All this info is really good, especially with Viper point of a third party taking the emotion out. Unfortunately, over here in my area, one of the brokers jobs is to build buyer emotion ($$) and make the buyer think he/she is going to miss out if they take things too methodical. They are definitely working for the seller. The serious sellers are the guys who are getting out of boating, or the ones that are going bigger. Do you have any marina's in your area that have warm storage facilities? It may be worth a call to them to inquire about boats for sale in their facility. The other great Viper advice, don't fuss over the one that got away, there is always another one around the corner. 8-) er P.S. if any of that info above is something you do not want to publish in public, just go to my profile and email me.
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Topic author Canada
Craig_B
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 1988 Carver Santego 3067

Postby Craig_B » February 25th, 2019, 9:10 am

Thanks for all the advise.
Looking at a 1997 Silverton 310 Fly bridge soon and still waiting on a viewing for the Santego.
A little pissed about missing out on the Mariner but mostly it was the way the broker handled it. I emailed him the very next day telling him we were interested in the boat. Its the fact he never got back to me and sold the boat to the next guy instead that really bugs me.
I would like to nail one down here while its still winter. As soon as the ice melts the prices go up.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Twin 350XL Crusaders

Postby Cooler » February 25th, 2019, 6:19 pm

Look at the bright side. At least that guy showed his stripes before you did business with him. Just a heads up on the Silverton, a number of those had I/O's. Really hard to maneuver in any amount of wind or current. Friend had one and could not figure it out in the 6 years he had it. Good luck. 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » March 12th, 2019, 10:36 pm

Any update Craig?

Topic author Canada
Craig_B
First Mate
First Mate

Postby Craig_B » March 14th, 2019, 12:20 pm

Yes. I have an update.

But first.

Spoke with a broker about a Silverton in Collingwood, not far from me. He kept putting me off and making excuses as to why I couldn't view the boat. So after two such deflections I contacted a different broker about another Santego I located in Orillia, also not too far away from home.

Not much in the way of pics or info in the listing not even the hours on the engines, no interior pics either.
Went to look at it last evening and we are now the new owners of a 1988 Carver Santego!

Interior was recently redone with new fabric. Loads of interior space and a great layout.
Comes with a nice compliment of electronics and the engines only had 250 and 325 hours on them.
Full canvas in very good condition.
The icing on the cake is the boats price included the covered slip at Starport Simcoe for this season!

Certainly seems all the troubles we had with previous brokers was fate making us wait for this particular boat.

Don't worry the deal is still hinging on a good survey.

Come On Spring!
Last edited by Craig_B on March 14th, 2019, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author Canada
Craig_B
First Mate
First Mate

Postby Craig_B » March 14th, 2019, 12:26 pm

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7870/473 ... 6717_b.jpg

Can't figure out how to post pics but link above should work.
Or this link.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/giarc_dra ... 7558217844
Last edited by Craig_B on March 14th, 2019, 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

United States of America
waybomb
CYO Moderator
CYO Moderator
Vessel Info: 1995 Boston Whaler Rage15
1987 3697 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar 46 Kevlar Vee offshore
1969 15' Glasspar / 1967 Johnson Electromatic 85
1996 Boston Whaler Rage 15

Postby waybomb » March 14th, 2019, 12:28 pm

Good for you!
Thanks
Fred
1969 Glaspar Avalon /1969 Johnson Electromatic 85
1987 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar Kevlar 46' with triple blown 572 ci
1995 Boston Whaler Rage
Past - 1988 2807, 1989 4207 Aft

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » March 14th, 2019, 1:06 pm

Told ya...good stuff.....things have a habit of working out with time, good luck going forward.....keep us posted...... :beergood:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Twin 350XL Crusaders

Postby Cooler » March 14th, 2019, 5:17 pm

There ya go! Congrats! The tops look new & custom made. If that is Strataglass in the windows, use Imar cleaner polisher only! I learned the hard way, PO was using Plexus which is also very good, but caused some minor fogging. Using Imar now, and the clarity gets a little better each time. The other good news, those Alpha One drives are good drives, and inexpensive to replace if needed. Has anyone suggested you should do a,......nevermind, not funny anymore. But good luck with that survey. Bet the PO is getting out of boating. I did not want to bash the Silverton, but the Carvers are much nicer interiors. 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake

United States of America
ColRon
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver Santego 3867
“Escape Plan”

Postby ColRon » March 14th, 2019, 5:51 pm

Congratulations! So things worked out better than you had hoped it appears. I love that full enclosure. My 3067 didn’t have that and I wished it did when I had it. Ive considered do the same for my 3867. We will keep our fingers crossed that the survey turns out even better!
Ron
1989 Carver Santego 3867
“Escape Plan”
Murray, KY

:usa:

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”