Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Show model boat? Or prototype?

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author United States of America
Dark Horse
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: "Dragonfly"
2001 Carver 350 Mariner
Twin 350 MAG MPI

Show model boat? Or prototype?

Postby Dark Horse » May 19th, 2020, 7:48 pm

Ok I found my next Boat. It's a 2001 Carver 350 Mariner in good condition with both motors replaced and under 100 hours.
The weird part is things on the boat its self.
I got the build sheets from Carver and they are pretty straight forward.
But the boat has a few things that dont quite belong to a 2001.
First the dash layout. Going thru the owners manuals for each year. This dash doesnt appear until 2004. Ok maybe someone changed it possibly. Under the parts list for 2001 it says hulls 1 - 13 have a different part number for the dash and this appears to be hull #1. Perhaps it was built for a show and these features were incorporated later
Then there's the dual air conditioners. 2 seperate air conditioner units. Again you dont see this until much later years.
It also has the waste tank monitor installed when the build sheet says it doesnt ( granted this could be someone installed it later)
And last in the very reat
R port compartment where the shower and wash down is there are 4 hose fittings like you screw a hose onto them and they are marked 2 for port and 2 for starboard. Have no idea what these might be for until I get it home
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" The trouble with trouble is it usually starts out as fun!"

2001 350 Mariner w/ 350 Mercruisers
Home Port - Hudson, FL

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Show model boat? Or prototype?

Postby bud37 » May 19th, 2020, 10:16 pm

Heh there.....we have basically the same dash on our 2001...looks like someone may have put a different gauge plate and redone the switches on the right side but the dash layout is the same.....there should be a switch panel to the right of the seat on the angled side panel. I have seen quite a few different versions of this and also different engine compartment layouts.

There was an option for two air conditioners...one behind the jump seat under the dash and the other should be under the dinette seat storage beside the sink.. ...the water heater is down there as well.

We have the waste tank monitor. I can't speak to the water fittings in the port side cabinet at the swim platform. Ours only has the shower, dockside water and a raw water washdown in there.

Good luck with your new boat...... :down:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Dark Horse
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
2001 Carver 350 Mariner
Twin 350 MAG MPI

Postby Dark Horse » May 20th, 2020, 4:47 am

Thanks for reassuring me it wasn't some one of a kind weird thing!
I saw the switch panel you mention, mine has no labels, what are those switches for?

Home Port - Hudson, FL

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » May 20th, 2020, 6:40 am

Dark Horse wrote:Source of the post Thanks for reassuring me it wasn't some one of a kind weird thing!
I saw the switch panel you mention, mine has no labels, what are those switches for?

It is an accessory panel...you will have to see what fires up when you throw the switches....mine is radar, vhf, depth/ speed, etc.... there might be one for the fume detector.... something like that, in no particular order. I had to make labels.

The extra air option is probably only needed in southern boats that need the extra cooling capacity.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Dark Horse
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
2001 Carver 350 Mariner
Twin 350 MAG MPI

Postby Dark Horse » May 20th, 2020, 9:02 am

Thank you!