Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

2005 39 Motor Yacht Standard Features and Options

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author United States of America
mjarosch
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

2005 39 Motor Yacht Standard Features and Options

Postby mjarosch » June 17th, 2020, 10:45 pm

Does anyone have a brochure or list of standard vs optional features of the 2005 39 Motor Yacht? I am looking at possibly purchasing a used boat and want to understand what was standard and what was an upgrade.

Thanks,
Mike

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: 2005 39 Motor Yacht Standard Features and Options

Postby km1125 » June 17th, 2020, 10:58 pm

I have a bunch of older brochures. If I get a chance tomorrow I'll see if I can find anything. Did you look though the Carver site on their "older model" info?

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » June 17th, 2020, 11:01 pm

Welcome to the forum......here, drop down box under support.....brochures guides, etc.

https://www.carveryachts.com
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Topic author United States of America
mjarosch
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby mjarosch » June 17th, 2020, 11:36 pm

I found the brochure on the Carver site, but it didn't list standard vs upgrade options. End of the line, I'm looking for what do I check on the NADA website for the boat I'm looking at as an upgrade to get a feel for what it is worth compared to what they are asking. Things like an upgraded navigation system, anchor/windlass, ice maker on the bridge, whatever. Are these standard options for this boat or are they upgrades.

Earlier in the season we were looking at a Meridian 341 and I found a spec sheet that listed the options that were standard and the options that were an upgrade (windlass, refrigerator on the bridge, navigation, premium navigation, etc).

This is our first time looking at Carvers, so I'm trying to get a feel for what they offered and how they spec'd their boats.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » June 18th, 2020, 7:10 am

Welcome aboard Mike.

Carver's really's good at customer service and I'm pretty sure a phone call or email will get you the answers you're looking for. In the grand scheme of things though, on a vessel of that vintage of any brand, you should go into this expecting that even if it has the upgrades/options, you may be replacing them in short order. Original equipment electronics will definitely be outdated anyway whether it was standard equipment or a premium option. While some hardware can be expensive to install from scratch such as a windlass, ice maker, air conditioners, etc. my biggest concern would be the vessel's structural integrity, core integrity, delamination, and the condition of major machinery like the engines and generator. Failures in those areas can cost the equivalent of all the options put together.

A vessel with all the upgraded options available for a great price compared to others means nothing if it turns out major glass or engine work is needed. I'd be looking more for signs that previous owners actually looked after the boat, or not. If you look carefully with this in mind, especially in machinery spaces, there will be clues. If it's obvious she was neglected, and remediation will be costly, forget about the new electronics and walk away as what you see is likely the tip of the iceberg especially in a salt water application.

In the end, the value is what someone is willing to pay. For the best idea of what a vessel's worth, and for personal peace of mind, a survey is the best option your money can buy. You'd need it for the marina and insurance anyway, and it serves as a good final purchase price negotiating tool.

Good luck with your search and keep us posted. Fingers crossed that you find the one that's right for you.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » June 18th, 2020, 8:54 pm

mjarosch wrote:Source of the post I found the brochure on the Carver site, but it didn't list standard vs upgrade options

https://carveryachts.blob.core.windows. ... eet_05.pdf
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”