Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Schematics, diagrams and plans

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author Great Britain
PossiblyPaul
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Hornbill III
1988 Carver 2827 Voyager,Volvo Penta TAMD31 engines.
Ardglass Marina, County Down

Schematics, diagrams and plans

Postby PossiblyPaul » August 13th, 2020, 2:44 pm

The Carver Owner's Manual is good, but very light on schematics, diagrams and plans - although the elecrics are well documented. As a new owner, I like to get to know my toys as well as I can, and frequently find myself baffled about some of the changes that previous owners may have instituted (mostly boats, admittedly).

Here's what I'd like to know; is there a sound source for full schematic representations of all of the originally-installed machinery, equipment etc on a Carver 2827? It's all very well on a forum such as this to ask: "'ere, wot's this thing down 'ere?" for every widget you hurt your toe on, but if the information is readily available in the first place, in a format that the thickies among us can identify - a plan, or photograph - we wouldn't ask silly questions that the more experience sneer at and give condescending replies to (that hasn't happened...), and the world would think the better of us.
Funga Safari

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Schematics, diagrams and plans

Postby bud37 » August 13th, 2020, 4:32 pm

About the only place to get such a thing for just the boat itself as far as I know, would be the Carver factory, now whether this is something they would share is anyones guess. Most of the mechanicals are provided by outside suppliers and they have their own manuals as good as they are. I had a plastic case full of manuals that came with the boat from Carver on delivery, but that is all.

Even the same year models came with changes to routings and installs, and that is not counting all the changes over the years by Marinas and owners....I have to say it would have been great for everyone especially Marina personnel to have proper service manuals like Chiltons for autos for each model and manufacturer.

The guys don't mind the questions, just put them in the appropriate section and they will get full attention, we enjoy helping as best as we can. There is getting to be quite a cross section of owners here now that has really expanded the knowledge base......so ask away..... :down:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Topic author Great Britain
PossiblyPaul
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Hornbill III
1988 Carver 2827 Voyager,Volvo Penta TAMD31 engines.
Ardglass Marina, County Down

Re: Schematics, diagrams and plans

Postby PossiblyPaul » August 13th, 2020, 8:09 pm

Thanks, Bud, I thought that would be the case. My last boat, a Fisher25 motorsailer, had been horribly and in some cases very badly modified by previous owners, and I spent a great deal of time tearing out wiring (nailed to bulkheads), sorting out mildewed interiors and getting rid of decking paint on beautiful teak, not to mention the silly modifications designed to ensure corrosion in vital places - time which should have been spent enjoying the water, not the white spirit. That boat was, however, very much simpler than my Carver in design, and with a great deal less wiring. Being a bit of a lubber I prefer to be sure that the boat works, rather than having me work overtime for it, and so I like to get as much information as I can to start with.

I've got the evenings, though, under the present restrictions (marina won't let anyone stay overnight) to read up on what I've missed since 1988. I'll shut up now and get on with what's been writ. Cheers.
Funga Safari

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”