Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Curtains

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author United States of America
Mike11
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 350 Mariner

Curtains

Postby Mike11 » April 21st, 2021, 10:09 am

Has anyone ever replaced the curtains on the sliding glass doors on a 97 Carver 350 Mariner? Any idea of specs or where to get new ones besides custom made? Just curious as mine are the originals and really are ugly. Thanks for any information you may have.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: Curtains

Postby g36 » April 21st, 2021, 11:06 am

I redid my interior myself on my 97 405. Had the oem carver paisley print.. If you look at sailrite there's lots of patterns and styles of fabrics to choose from or you may find some local fabric shop they will probably know someone who could do it for you.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Liechtenstein
chpsk8
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver Aft Cabin Motor Yacht... Hull #001

Postby chpsk8 » April 21st, 2021, 3:46 pm

I redid mine with sailrite material also. I don't think there's a plug and play replacement, they will need to be made. If you're reasonably handy and willing making your own is not even close to challenging if you have access to a sewing machine.

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » April 21st, 2021, 6:04 pm

If you are good with a sewing machine then just find the material you like and go at it. We wanted a nautical theme and simply googled compass rose material to find what we wanted. I think it was actually a shower curtain we used. My wife did ours in the master suite to our liking. Just remove the sliders and sew them back onto the new material. She kept the original opaque backing which was sewn onto the new material up to keep the light out.

This will give you an idea when one googles compass rose shower curtain. https://www.google.com/search?q=compass ... 5&biw=2031

I really think they came out super nice.

Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » April 21st, 2021, 6:52 pm

That is nice, your wife did a great job there......it looks very much like how the 350 Mariner back curtain is mounted/attached as well.... :down:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
oriypom
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2005 Carver 33SS

Postby oriypom » November 12th, 2021, 8:16 am

Your wife is very talented. has anyone tried cleaning the original curtains on the sliding door? I have a 2005 33SS. The curtains are a tan color and starting to show dirt and wear. I am in Florida so the sun takes its toll also.

Wales
womide
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2022 Toyota Corolla Cross

Postby womide » February 20th, 2022, 11:55 pm

You can buy a sliding glass door that has these blinds between 2 panes of glass. I have one in my master bath. You can adjust the blinds by turning a knob at the top of the door.

Armenia
Vkauto
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1995 carver 330

Postby Vkauto » November 11th, 2022, 12:11 am

Hello everyone
My name is David my wife is sera nice to meet you all.
Our boat is in Alameda California.
Any one can advice where can we get Drapery tje boat we got do-not have ot at all.
Any help and advice appreciated
Thank you

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » November 11th, 2022, 10:40 am

That should be easy enough. Go to a fabric store, and make sure they can direct you to fabric made for a sunny, damp environment. Someone working at the fabric store probably sews things on the side. Take a pic of any slide rails on the boat like the ones installed above and below the salon doors. That person will know exactly the type and size of clips that need to be sewn in. I have the exact same model, if you need any pics, PM me a phone number to send texts. I will take pics of my curtain installs for salon door, and the berth rails. You should also sew in a dowel that would go vertical for the salon door, making it much easier to open and close those curtains. Good luck. 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

United States of America
Hoplite808
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1988 Carver 3227 Convertible

Postby Hoplite808 » November 11th, 2022, 1:59 pm

There is an online fabric store; https://www.spoonflower.com/ that has a great assortment of custom fabrics if you want to order something specific.

If you know how to sew in a straight line with a machine. Curtains are an easy enough project to do yourself. There are lots of YouTube videos to help you get an idea of the pattern.

If you don’t know how to sew and want to find a cheaper than a professional drapery store means of getting some. I’d suggest checking out the local crafting/sewing stores in your area or even social media groups for sewing and see if someone with some sewing skills would be interested in working with you. You might make a new friend who would do it for a weekend on the water with you.

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”