Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

1998 350 Mariner - General Questions

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author United States of America
Fully_Vetted
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver Mariner 350 (Current)
1990 Carver Santego 3867 (Previously)

1998 350 Mariner - General Questions

Postby Fully_Vetted » May 6th, 2021, 12:00 pm

Good morning everyone!
We are settling in to our 350 Mariner and so far, very much enjoying her. She is a lot more modern than our 1990 38 Santego and that has its pros and cons, but we love her.
Have a few general questions and am looking for a fellow 350 Mariner owner that is just more familiar with the model.
1) Has anyone added anything to the deck to help with how sloped it is and the potential of something going over? We haven't lost anything yet, but I feel it is inevitable.
2) Has anyone converted the entertainment area to anything else? Ours has a dvd player and outdated electronics and it looks like a great deal of space that could be more functional. Not sure what all is back there... I haven't explored it yet. We do not watch TV so currently its useless for us.
3) Has anyone updated the flooring in a 350 Mariner? If so I would love pics of your project.
4) In the cockpit, there are upholstered approx 5x20 thin cushions port and starboard interior. Behind those are approx 4" circular cutouts that open in to the engine compartment. I have found water intrusion there, as they are only covered by these cushions and are not sealed in any way. Question... does anyone know why those would be there? I'll try to get pics later today and add them to this thread.

Thanks for any help!

Throwing in some pics as we left the docks this morning. Beautiful morning...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: 1998 350 Mariner - General Questions

Postby bud37 » May 6th, 2021, 11:55 pm

#4.....access to the fuel fill hose fitting backside and the tank vents, is my best guess.You can seal those, there should be an o ring....remove and rebed.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Topic author United States of America
Fully_Vetted
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver Mariner 350 (Current)
1990 Carver Santego 3867 (Previously)

Re: 1998 350 Mariner - General Questions

Postby Fully_Vetted » May 8th, 2021, 1:25 pm

Thanks Bud. That's kind of what we thought... we were aware the tank vent was right there, just not happy there isn't proper covering for the access. We are going to try to find something to cover without permanently denying access.
Appreciate your response!

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”