Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Santa Cruz 2866

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author United States of America
Gachong
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1977 Carver Santa Cruz 2866 7.3 diesel motor

Santa Cruz 2866

Postby Gachong » June 18th, 2021, 3:31 pm

I have been trying to figure out what the 2866 means on my Santa Cruz. I figured the 28 is because it is 28 feet long. I just can't figure out what the 66 means. Anyone happen to know? Thank you in advance.

United States of America
Jangocat
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1975 28' Carver Santa Cruz, Flybridge,twin 302 Waukasha inboards, shaft drive

Re: Santa Cruz 2866

Postby Jangocat » June 20th, 2021, 1:09 pm

Damn, You got the boat we were looking for when we bought ours 6 years ago. We've got a 1975 28' Santa Cruz. I believe the Model is a 2866 also. Twin Waukesha 302 Fords. Would have liked to found one with diesels. We really like it though. Just right for the two of us. We trailer it out of Boise, Id. Jim :-D

United States of America
Jangocat
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1975 28' Carver Santa Cruz, Flybridge,twin 302 Waukasha inboards, shaft drive

Postby Jangocat » June 20th, 2021, 1:12 pm

A question was yours re-powered with a Ford 7.3L. That's whats in our Ford Superduty that we tow the boat with. Hell of an engine. Jim

Gachong
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Gachong » June 21st, 2021, 12:52 am

Jangocat wrote:Source of the post Damn, You got the boat we were looking for when we bought ours 6 years ago. We've got a 1975 28' Santa Cruz. I believe the Model is a 2866 also. Twin Waukesha 302 Fords. Would have liked to found one with diesels. We really like it though. Just right for the two of us. We trailer it out of Boise, Id. Jim :-D

Jangocat wrote:Source of the post Damn, You got the boat we were looking for when we bought ours 6 years ago. We've got a 1975 28' Santa Cruz. I believe the Model is a 2866 also. Twin Waukesha 302 Fords. Would have liked to found one with diesels. We really like it though. Just right for the two of us. We trailer it out of Boise, Id. Jim :-D

That was the only reason I purchased the boat. I love diesel motors! I love my boat! With a 33' trailer!

Gachong
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Gachong » June 21st, 2021, 1:00 am

Jangocat wrote:Source of the post A question was yours re-powered with a Ford 7.3L. That's whats in our Ford Superduty that we tow the boat with. Hell of an engine. Jim

Yes it is a Ford 7.3idi. Hooked a hydraulic pump for long lining halibut, but I think I'll use it more for crabbing.

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”