Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

DC system wire diagrams for 2000 506?

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author United States of America
Carpe Diem
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

DC system wire diagrams for 2000 506?

Postby Carpe Diem » August 30th, 2021, 1:16 am

I really do like my 506 but since I like to work on it myself, I find the owners manual a really useless POS. My 2006 Sea Ray 44DB manual had about 30 pages of very detailed wiring diagrams. Carver's idea of a wire schematic is a Joke! Are there additional manuals available anywhere that have more detail or even a legend that identifies circuits by the number tags on the wires. I found a #10 brown wire marked B8 paired with a B8 black ground wire in the bilge. both wires were terminated with an environmental butt splice heat shrunk to isolate. The wires are bundled next to a midship bilge pump. I am thinking it may be for an optional high water pump or alarm but with out a decent wire schematic, who knows? I started tracing it and it is part of a bundle that goes to a primary ER breaker panel but did not find the other end. Some other bilge pumps had wire tags B6 and B7 so I am guessing it is some kind of optional bilge system. The wire has no voltage so I assume it runs to the Main DC panel but just not attached to a CB. I ran out of steam before I took on the task of gaining access to the back of it to find out. Any Ideas?
Carpe Diem

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: DC system wire diagrams for 2000 506?

Postby g36 » August 30th, 2021, 6:51 am

Yep totally agree it's not much for tracing wire location just general location, but if you have the oem manuals for your boat then you got all there is.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: DC system wire diagrams for 2000 506?

Postby Viper » August 30th, 2021, 8:32 am

One of the items brown wires are used to connect is any type of pump. So could be any system that utilizes a pump but the code on the wire certainly leads one to believe that it was a bilge pump option. It may have been an option never installed or something a previous owner disconnected and removed.

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”