Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Voyager 53 transport

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author United States of America
Ilikeit2
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2000 53 voyager...how to get ready for truck transport

Voyager 53 transport

Postby Ilikeit2 » September 16th, 2021, 4:23 pm

Hi...how hard is it to prep a 2000 Voyager 53 for over the road transport?

Or does anyone know if Table Rock lake near Branson, MO has a waterway to the Mississippi?

Thank you

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Voyager 53 transport

Postby km1125 » September 16th, 2021, 4:50 pm

Well, there is a waterway to the Mississippi River, but don't think I'd EVER attempt it in a boat that big. First, you'd have to get past the Table Rock dam and the river is probably very shallow until you get to Bull Shoals Lake, where you'd run into another damn dam. Probably have quite a few bridge clearance issues along the way too. So that's out.

That boat would have gotten to the lake over the road. I'm not sure of the prep but there might be others who can give you a lot of info on that. Too bad the Carver folks aren't still around because they'd be a goldmine for this kind of info.

Ilikeit2
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Ilikeit2 » September 16th, 2021, 4:59 pm

Thanks for all the information. I know the carver wasn't "born" in the lake, so at some point it had to travel over the road. Just depends on how permanent the bonding and fasteners were...and then getting a small crane or large forklift to lift the top off of her.

I'm talking myself out of the move already!

Thanks again!

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » September 17th, 2021, 10:22 am

If it's the right boat for you, I wouldn't talk myself out of it just because of the move.

Sometimes the toughest part of the prep is pulling wiring out because that wasn't intended to come apart for stuff that was added after manufacture. The boat was designed to come apart and be reassembled. Sure, you might (actually probably will) have to break some caulk seams but that's not a big deal to restore and with age some of that caulk probably should be redone anyway.

Someone on here downloaded a bunch of Carver's documents before they shut down the site. I wonder if he might have the "Assembly Instructions" for the '53?

You might also search out shippers, who frequently transported boats from the Carver facility. They might not have the details but might be able to point you to shops that have had to reassemble or disassemble boats for shipment. Might even query the local boatyard(s) on Table Rock lake.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » September 17th, 2021, 11:06 am

I can check who Carver used for their delivery transports. Hopefully get a contact number. The assembly process usually takes place at start point and destination point. Check those 2 points for expertise in assembly capabilities. Send me a PM if you want transporter connection points. Good luck! Great vessel! 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Ilikeit2
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Ilikeit2 » September 17th, 2021, 5:23 pm

Great advice, thank you both!

United States of America
golgi
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 530 Voyager Pilothouse

Postby golgi » September 23rd, 2021, 9:37 pm

I have a copy of the setup instructions that the dealers used after delivery. If you read it backwards, would probably tell you what you need. Not sure how to attach a file though

Ilikeit2
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Ilikeit2 » September 23rd, 2021, 11:37 pm

Beautiful boat, but I’ve got to pass. Best for the boat and my wallet for her to stay where she is.
Thank you all for the great help!

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » September 24th, 2021, 9:51 am

Just for grins, one of the transports Carver used for years is Joule Yacht Transport. 800-237-0727. At least you could call for estimate and assembly capabilities. There are other boats out there. Good luck! 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”