Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

1986 Riviera Table Problem

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author United States of America
hubba46
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1986 Carver Riviera

1986 Riviera Table Problem

Postby hubba46 » September 25th, 2021, 5:16 pm

I cannot figure out how to drop the center table down to make the center bed. We just purchased the boat last spring and tried to lower the table this past weekend. Looking under the table I found 4 hinges with 8 screws mounted into the side of the boat and the pedestal doesn't seem to move or twist. I called the previous owner but he said he never remover it. I'm wondering if the first owner made it permanent. Any advice?

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: 1986 Riviera Table Problem

Postby km1125 » September 26th, 2021, 2:06 pm

A couple pictures would help. I'm not familiar with that model but many boats around the same vintage would be similar.

On my boat there were two posts to support the table. You had to wiggle the table while pulling up and the posts would loosen. Then you could remove both posts (with more wiggling) then set the table down into the edges of the seating, then cover with cushions.

hubba46
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby hubba46 » September 26th, 2021, 2:49 pm

Thanks for the reply. That is what I thought because it is how my other tables in RVs work but there is no wiggle and the table is secured to the side of the boat. It is so solid I think the first owner made it NOT removeable.

Netherlands
Phrancus
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: Sold: Carver 26 Command Bridge / 280 sedan 1992.

Postby Phrancus » September 27th, 2021, 1:13 am

Smart first owner... In mine the two posts (aluminium) were intact but the parts where it is supposed to be held by in table and floor were completely worn out, cracked, unusable. Wobbling table and no replacement parts found.
So replaced them with an RV liftable table. Stand alone but possible to jam it under a latch. Stable and possible to take it out on to the cockpit or shore.
Share your Carver experiences, share marine life. Donate when you can but post what your Carver adds to your life too!

Canada
uchu
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1988 Carver Santego 2767 - Twin Mercruisers 4.3LX with Alpha-One drives

Postby uchu » September 27th, 2021, 8:18 pm

Phrancus wrote:Source of the post Smart first owner... In mine the two posts (aluminium) were intact but the parts where it is supposed to be held by in table and floor were completely worn out, cracked, unusable. Wobbling table and no replacement parts found.
So replaced them with an RV liftable table. Stand alone but possible to jam it under a latch. Stable and possible to take it out on to the cockpit or shore.

True, but the OP wants to drop the table down to use it as a bed...

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » September 28th, 2021, 9:16 am

Might be able to replace the current hinges with a set with removeable pins. That way you can lock it in place while it's raised, but pull the pins and be able to drop it to use as a sleeping area.

hubba46
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby hubba46 » September 28th, 2021, 10:37 pm

Thanks for the advice. I think I will take the wall braces off and see if the post can be removed.

Netherlands
Phrancus
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: Sold: Carver 26 Command Bridge / 280 sedan 1992.

Postby Phrancus » September 29th, 2021, 8:50 am

True, but the OP wants to drop the table down to use it as a bed...

Which is exactly what I can do by pulling a small handle, a spring helps to carry the weight.
Schermafbeelding 2021-09-29 om 14.49.54.png
Schermafbeelding 2021-09-29 om 14.50.01.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Share your Carver experiences, share marine life. Donate when you can but post what your Carver adds to your life too!

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”