Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Calling all Mariner 360 Owners

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author United States of America
Delorean6855
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2004 Mariner Three Sixty, Crusader 6.0s w/225 hours, Koehler 7_3e genset

Calling all Mariner 360 Owners

Postby Delorean6855 » October 5th, 2021, 1:17 pm

Would like to create a new thread just for this model.
We've had a 2004 Mariner 360 for about a year now and like it for the most part. The crusader 6.0s seem great, love how it's almost all FWC. I've learned a lot about this boat over the past year so I am sure I can offer advice to any new or existing owners.

General question, though, do all these models sit bow heavy? Has anyone figured out why? We can't even completely empty our holding tank because it sits on a slight angle.
And has anyone figured out why when in heavy seas, so much water collects in the forward bilge? The forward bilge hose does have a loop so I am not sure why it would siphon there and if it's not there, from where? And if somewhere on the aft bilges, would that also suggest the potable tank might be taking on sea water through the overflow?

Thanks!

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Calling all Mariner 360 Owners

Postby km1125 » October 5th, 2021, 3:11 pm

How much anchor chain do you run? Lots of that will cause a lot of boats to be bow heavy.

In heavy seas, can water get in your anchor locker through the winch or any storage doors in the bow?

You should definitely not have an issue with seas getting in the potable "overflow" (it's actually a vent). The vent should be located a few feet above the water line and have a loop in it that would go even further up. I would be concerned about contaminating the potable water if sea water was actually getting in there.

Delorean6855
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2004 Mariner Three Sixty, Crusader 6.0s w/225 hours, Koehler 7_3e genset

Postby Delorean6855 » October 5th, 2021, 3:24 pm

Thanks for the reply! 150 feet of chain with 35lb anchor. I was wondering that too but its what Carver delivered with this model...but given some of questionable design decisions, maybe they didn't account for the weight? But 150 feet doesn't seem excessive.

The actor locker is accessed through the forward stateroom but actually drains out the bow and not to the bilge.

United States of America
Cooperlogan
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver Mariner 330
twin 270hp

Postby Cooperlogan » October 5th, 2021, 6:18 pm

I When we were looking for a boat we were looking for a mariner And every new style mariner from 98 up all had a slight down downhill towards the bow.
We always wondered why that was
We ended up buying a 95 older style

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » October 5th, 2021, 7:03 pm

I don't think the boat is bow heavy....it is the deck design that makes it appear that way.......could also be how you run the boat.....on plane it is not bow down at all. There has been issues with these boats picking up water backflow into the forward bilge thru hoses and the upper deck drainage around and under the bridge front coaming.
This will be especially evident if you run the boat between hull speed ( 7Kn) and on plane around (15Kn).

My opinion anyway.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
Cbchristian2
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2006 Carver 360 Mariner in CA Delta

Postby Cbchristian2 » February 20th, 2022, 12:37 pm

Different question on the 360 Mariner. We are new owners of a 2006 360 Mariner and need tips for the best settings for the Vimar heater control panels. The fan runs continuously after reaching set point even when set to Auto. Is that typical?
We have been Carver owners for over 20 years, previously had a Santego.
Thank you…

Delorean6855
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Delorean6855 » February 20th, 2022, 10:33 pm

Hi, Cbchristian2, I don’t recall what brand our climate control panels are, but ya, the fan runs continuously even after reaching set point… it’s annoying. If you have any other questions, let me know… after owning this boat for a year, I’ve become intimately familiar with it… (engine wise, we have crusader 6.0s)

United States of America
Jerrygray
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2009 Carver Mariner 36M

Postby Jerrygray » March 1st, 2022, 8:52 am

Delorean6855 wrote:Source of the post Would like to create a new thread just for this model.
We've had a 2004 Mariner 360 for about a year now and like it for the most part. The crusader 6.0s seem great, love how it's almost all FWC. I've learned a lot about this boat over the past year so I am sure I can offer advice to any new or existing owners.

General question, though, do all these models sit bow heavy? Has anyone figured out why? We can't even completely empty our holding tank because it sits on a slight angle.
And has anyone figured out why when in heavy seas, so much water collects in the forward bilge? The forward bilge hose does have a loop so I am not sure why it would siphon there and if it's not there, from where? And if somewhere on the aft bilges, would that also suggest the potable tank might be taking on sea water through the overflow?

Thanks!

I've only had water in the FWD bilge when the Shower sump failed and filled with water.

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”