Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

506 Dinghy Davit - Swim Platform Rating?

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author United States of America
crabshack54115
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

506 Dinghy Davit - Swim Platform Rating?

Postby crabshack54115 » March 22nd, 2022, 1:25 pm

I recently purchased a 2000 506 and need to add a davit of some sorts for our Gala v360 dinghy with 40hp (550lbs). I’m considering a Hurley H3O+ on an extension off the stock swim platform. Does anyone know what max weight the platform will support, or has anybody had success hanging a large tender like this off the back of a 506 platform? I’m trying to determine if I should add any support before installing.

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”