Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Anyone know 356 Interior Vinyl Brand/Color?

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author United States of America
Adaptel
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 Carver 356 Aft

Anyone know 356 Interior Vinyl Brand/Color?

Postby Adaptel » June 25th, 2022, 5:55 pm

Hello All,

Had a loose fitting on my bridge hydraulic steering system of my 2001 3565 which caused fluid to leak down onto the vinyl interior salon headliner. Bummer! Does anyone know what manufacturer/color the vinyl is in this photo to save me lots of time trying to find something that might be a match? Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Anyone know 356 Interior Vinyl Brand/Color?

Postby bud37 » June 27th, 2022, 2:19 pm

Just an opinion, but due to fading over time it may be quite the job to get panels to match....do you have a pic of the damaged area.....maybe just a small repair like adding something over the damage.

Someone may have some inventive ideas to add..... :popcorn:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Topic author United States of America
Adaptel
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 Carver 356 Aft

Postby Adaptel » June 29th, 2022, 12:31 am

Don't have a pic of the area handy but it is directly under the bridge console in the salon. The fluid soaking into the vinyl did not stain the material, yet caused the internal structure of the vinyl to break down. The area where the fluid contacted has lost its elasticity causing rippling saggy lines in the center of the ceiling panel. I have gained access to the underside of this rearmost ceiling panel by removing all the staples on the aft seam (around the exterior door). I cleaned the oil out of the vinyl using simple green and a powerful vacuum. Ripples did not completely go away, but is much better. By stretching the vinyl panel tighter than it was originally, I am able to get the damage almost imperceivable....but when the sun shines brightly in the cabin....the outline of where the fluid was shows quite noticeably due to a much higher sheen where the oil was.

If I am able to get the same color, I would recover all three ceiling panels to account for fading. I am also interested in getting this vinyl for some custom additions I would like to fabricate for my interior as well.

If anyone knows the manufacturer of the vinyl carver uses that would be a HUGE help in my search. It seems like there is both foam backed vinyl and non-backed vinyl used on many interior surfaces of all the Carvers. I would think that they stayed fairly consistent with a supplier for these materials. Any help would be amazing.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » June 29th, 2022, 9:34 am

Take a sample if you can to check out some places that do yacht interiors/tops etc.....I think vinyl is fairly generic, they should have some advice one way or the other and a list of suppliers as to the best product to use......good luck on the search.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » June 30th, 2022, 12:10 am

My wife found vinyl at the local Joanne fabrics that is a 99% match.

United States of America
Metterdvm
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2003 Carver 356

Postby Metterdvm » July 4th, 2022, 10:20 pm

Look at Great Lakes Skipper. They have some Carver material.
Mike

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”