Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Access to Trick Davits

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author United States of America
rfverdery
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 Carver 466. Twin TAMD 74 P 480 Volvo’s.

Access to Trick Davits

Postby rfverdery » January 12th, 2023, 9:46 am

I have a set of trick Davits on the swim platform of our 2001 466. The bolt heads are carriage and recessed. Can anyone tell me how to access the end of the bolts inside the swim platform in order to remove the Davits completely. Thank you.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Access to Trick Davits

Postby bud37 » January 12th, 2023, 12:00 pm

Have a quick look under the platform for those screw in access plates.....
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Topic author United States of America
rfverdery
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 Carver 466. Twin TAMD 74 P 480 Volvo’s.

Postby rfverdery » January 13th, 2023, 6:25 pm

Thank you. I have looked on the underside and nothing. It seems as if they are in the hollow section of the platform I just can’t figure out how to reach them!

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » January 13th, 2023, 7:59 pm

rfverdery wrote:Source of the post Thank you. I have looked on the underside and nothing. It seems as if they are in the hollow section of the platform I just can’t figure out how to reach them!

Too bad , that was the easy one......looks like you might be destined to taking drawers and things apart to access the void or at least have a look in there unless there is a way thru the transom box. Thing is you just are never sure what someone before has done.....good luck man.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
Drspikes355
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1996 Carver 355 aft cabin Crusader 454’s

Postby Drspikes355 » March 24th, 2023, 5:27 pm

Trick Davits we’re likely installed with toggles inside that expand. Try to back the bolt head out and pry a bit between the bottom of bolt head and platform.

I inquired and talked with Jim Trick himself, that was his idea of mounting on that style of Carver.

Hope this helps- let us know.

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”