Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

The Documentation Repository topic

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author Netherlands
Phrancus
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: Sold: Carver 26 Command Bridge / 280 sedan 1992.

The Documentation Repository topic

Postby Phrancus » February 3rd, 2023, 12:01 pm

Hi All,

Since the sinking of the Carver Yachts website I've provided people with the salvaged manuals, spec sheets and such via this topic and PM's.

At this moment I am setting up the website for all to search, select and download the files.

During building and setting up you can keep a keen eye through this link.

As soon as the files can be selected and downloaded in a more simple way than right now, the site will look nice and have the full list available.

To keep you up to date I opened this topic. To answer a few preliminary questions:

The files will be available for free. I will offer a way to donate to cover cost of hosting. I do not want to bother with annoying advertising to do so. Any funds above the actual cost go to the forum.

The files are available through a webshop system and not a big dump to pick and download because I prefer to have the owners get the files they need for free and not have someone pull them all for selling for a profit on some obscure website.

There will be a login, available through the forum. Just to keep the materials for the right people as mentioned above.

Looks and feel is not ready yet, that's the last thing to do. For the moment it's quite rudimentary and subject to daily changes. That's because I'm learning, tweaking, changing, trying, testing and sometimes I do other things than the site too. Like looking for a boat :confused:

So feel free to have a look, no need to comment on it too much yet as it's a work in progress. It's ok to comment but don't expect me to fix things right away for now. For example only some files can be downloaded right now, others are emtpy. I'm working on skipping some of the steps during the checkout process, after that I'll get back to the actual files (I know what needs to be done there but don't need that for the part I'm working on right now).

I would like to point to this topic though: request topic for some material for the looks of the site later on.

I will announce it here when the site is operational.

Cheers,

Frank
Share your Carver experiences, share marine life. Donate when you can but post what your Carver adds to your life too!

United States of America
plittle2005
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1992 Carver 350 Aft Cabin

Re: The Documentation Repository topic

Postby plittle2005 » February 7th, 2023, 9:57 pm

Thanks in advance for your hard work. I need manuals for my new-to-me '92 aft cabin 3307. Looking forward to your lists.

Phil Little

Topic author Netherlands
Phrancus
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter

Postby Phrancus » February 8th, 2023, 3:19 am

Page 7
this one: 3307-carver_92-owners-manual-pdf

try the download via the 'purchase' button, then to the cart and checkout. Fill in some jibberish and on the next page you can right-click the file to download or click to view.

Note that you can 'purchase'multiple files before you 'checkout', saves some time.

I'll see if I can skip some of those steps. And a better search function so it searches all files rather than just the page in view.

Also the download cart stopped working on the homeport page.

Enough to do, for now it is what it is.

Nevertheless: theres an old owners manual for you.
Share your Carver experiences, share marine life. Donate when you can but post what your Carver adds to your life too!

United States of America
plittle2005
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1992 Carver 350 Aft Cabin

Postby plittle2005 » February 14th, 2023, 11:21 am

Holy Cow!!!! I followed your instructions, and VOILA!! There was my owner's manual PDF!

I'll be greedy and ask for one more miracle: The service manual for this boat, if available.

Thank you so much for your hard work here! We all owe you!

Phil Little
'92 3307 AftCabin

Topic author Netherlands
Phrancus
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter

Postby Phrancus » February 15th, 2023, 2:33 am

Good that you found it. everything I have should be there, no service manuals. Per item (engine, winch and so on) you can find some by the manufacturer or brand.

Canada
C0ps
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1992 carver montego 528

Postby C0ps » September 13th, 2023, 6:13 pm

Thank for all your work, but Im having trouble. no matter how I try I always get a message saying your cart is empty. I tried through Purchase button and the free purchase button.

Topic author Netherlands
Phrancus
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter

Postby Phrancus » December 23rd, 2023, 1:29 pm

UPDATE december 2023:

As per beginning of 2024 the link carveryachts.eu is no longer valid to get to the repository. As I have received little to no donations to cover the cost, I cancelled renewal of the domains.

The documentation, however, is still available under my own domain: https://rentier.nl/carveryachts/ for as long as I keep that domain and don't need the space.

cheers,

Frank

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”