Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Transporting a Carver 36 Sport Sedan Detroit to Cincinnati

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author United States of America
JMGCINCY2023
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Transporting a Carver 36 Sport Sedan Detroit to Cincinnati

Postby JMGCINCY2023 » October 6th, 2023, 8:15 pm

Hello, first post. We are seriously considering making an offer on a Carver 36 Sport Sedan located in the Detroit area. We would need to transport to Cincinnati. Has anyone trucked this model and what preparations need to be done prior to loading on the semi trailer. Any tips would be appreciated. We are size upgrading from a Boston Whaler 205 Conquest.
Thanks, Mike

United States of America
Alanna Mo Cree
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 2003 360 Sport Sedan
Twin 8.1Gi Volvo Penta FWC

Re: Transporting a Carver 36 Sport Sedan Detroit to Cincinnati

Postby Alanna Mo Cree » October 7th, 2023, 11:48 am

Welcome and good luck on the boat. This is the same model I have and we love it.

Another post on the forum has info about someone who removed the bridge for transport: viewtopic.php?t=795
camelot wrote:Source of the post Hi mcgedb - sorry I just saw this post.

Yes - bought the boat, removed the bridge and put it all back together - I had the help of our Harbormaster from my marina, but it was fairly straightforward - just a lot of screws around the inside and a few on the back above the sliding door - and everything except for the throttles were unpluggable. Came back together great - very tight exact fit - the screw holes all aligned in the first try! Let me know how your project is going or if you need and specific advice!
Charlie & Jennifer
Alanna Mo Cree | Apopka Florida
2003 Carver 360 Sport Sedan
Twin Volvo 8.1Gi
Photo Album

Topic author United States of America
JMGCINCY2023
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby JMGCINCY2023 » January 16th, 2024, 8:51 pm

I apologize for the late response and appreciate the comments especially on the bridge removal. We're still working on getting this boat. 550 hours on the Merc 8.1's with all maintenance receipts, fresh water since new. Super clean and excellent survey. Very light normal wear and tear. Need to work a deal on our 2008 Boston Whaler 205 Conquest to make this work. Sold new in 2010, fresh water only. Receipts since new with trailer. Boat and trailer would rate a 8 to 9 condition wise. Mike

Canada
pepmyster
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2004 Carver 360 Sport Sedan
8.1 Volvo Penta
Fresh water boating

Postby pepmyster » January 17th, 2024, 6:23 am

Congrats!!!!!!!! Have the same, great vessel. I believe you'll have to remove the fly bridge to transport.

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”