Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Voyager 53 replacing helm rocker switches.

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author Canada
Jack De Razz
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 53 Voyager

Voyager 53 replacing helm rocker switches.

Postby Jack De Razz » March 8th, 2024, 3:40 pm

I would greatly like to replace the functional but badly discolored helm switches on the flybridge
helm of my 2001 Voyager 53.There are 12 in all. Initially Carver put Eaton switches for which replacement are unfindable (so far.)
Then a little later Carver provided Carling L series ones to replace the Eatons and they fitted. Now after inquiring with New wire Cy in South Carolina they tell me that the L series are not available through them and even when I give them the CarlingL series part number they cannot cross reference them. Has anyone gone recently through the ordeal of trying to obtain them and eventually had some success. Great Lakes has but a couple.
Frustrated but not desperate.
Jack!

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Re: Voyager 53 replacing helm rocker switches.

Postby Midnightsun » March 8th, 2024, 7:12 pm

Not sure what series mine are but I got a lot of them from Great Lakes Skipper. The ones I needed are slightly bigger than the normal style rocker therefor hard to find.

There are several pages worth of various switches in the link, hopefully some of them are what you are looking for.
https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/searc ... ver+switch
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

United States of America
mjmason1
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1999 Carver Voyager 530

Postby mjmason1 » March 10th, 2024, 9:44 pm

I had a panel made by New Wire. Absolutely love it. Pictures of the old switches and new.
IMG_9077.jpg
IMG_9076.jpg
IMG_6374.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Canada
pepmyster
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2004 Carver 360 Sport Sedan
8.1 Volvo Penta
Fresh water boating

Postby pepmyster » March 11th, 2024, 6:36 am

I replaced a couple of mine from Great Lakes Skipper also.

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”