Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver Santa Cruz 26

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

Topic author
jonny1234
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver Santa Cruz 26

Carver Santa Cruz 26

Postby jonny1234 » August 5th, 2014, 9:46 pm

Hi Everyone,

Newbie here, thinking of buying a Carver Santa Cruz 26, I have a read a lot about this boat being tippy.
Is it dangerous. How would it be in the BC west coast waters, would i be safe in this boat. Any information would be gladly accepted.
Thanks in advance :help:

valoos
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1981 Carver 3607 Aft Cabin "FOOTLOOSE"
Twin Pleasurecraft 225 hp V-8 diesels

Re: Carver Santa Cruz 26

Postby valoos » October 3rd, 2014, 8:27 pm

Our previous boat was a 1986 Carver Santa Cruz 26, and yes it was tippy. To the point where my wife would not go out on her anymore and we sold it.
We had a bad experience once when it started to tip and when I tried to correct for it, it actually tipped further, spilling things over onto the floor down below. We were both on the bridge at the time, and we almost went overboard. Scared me, too.
It's even tippy at the lower helm.
Heard later that it was to do with the narrow beam and the bridge height vs. the center of gravity and all that physics stuff. But it is trailerable.
Go up to the 28 footer, you'll be glad you did. it's a whole lot larger and more stable with twin engines.
Hope this helps.

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”