Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

1976 Carver Mariner 3396 - Soft Decks

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
BoatinginFL
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1976 Carver Mariner 3396, twin 351 pleasure craft

1976 Carver Mariner 3396 - Soft Decks

Postby BoatinginFL » November 7th, 2014, 10:53 pm

I'm a new owner of this boat and new to boating in general. I grew up in CO but gave up the mountains for the waters of FL. My boat has a soft deck in the bow area and also the port stern under the cleat. The wood looks pretty rotted in both areas. I've read a lot about drill and fill epoxy repairs. Will this work well in these areas? Any advise on better methods? Thank you

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”