Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver Raw Water Pump Hose # 97310 Alternative

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
CMI One
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1985 Carver Voyager 28', with flybridge and Twin 305 Crusader 220 HP engines.

Carver Raw Water Pump Hose # 97310 Alternative

Postby CMI One » February 4th, 2015, 10:58 pm

I was wondering if there is an alternative to the # 97310 preformed hose from the raw water pump to the cooler. The hoses are $114.00 each. The local marine parts store said maybe trying some brass fittings. That may work, but I'm not sure if you can get 2 - 45* or 2 - 90* 1 1'4" brass fittings and some short pieces of hose to fit in 4 1/2" of differance between the two points. All help would be appreciated.
1985 Carver Voyager with twin 305 Crusader engines.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: Carver Raw Water Pump Hose # 97310 Alternative

Postby g36 » February 5th, 2015, 9:25 am

the easiest thing would be to take with you to autozone,advance etc. etc and have them look at their heater and radiator hoses and see if there isnt one with bends similiar to what you have and if they do then cut the excess off the new hose. there should be something pretty close at the auto parts store.
looking at just the part number of crusader theres a little savings on ebay and other sites but i sure would try the car parts store first
good luck
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Topic author
CMI One
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1985 Carver Voyager 28', with flybridge and Twin 305 Crusader 220 HP engines.

Postby CMI One » February 5th, 2015, 6:27 pm

Thank You for your reply, I stopped in at O'Riley Auto Parts and the have a Marine Division, but all he would look up is the one like I have. I will try another parts house with your idea. I was also thinking about Copper Fittings soldered together, but I'm a little afraid of the vibration.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » February 6th, 2015, 7:13 am

yep taking it with you will be the best. may have to go to a couple of places and look. i've done this with various hoses and most people are willing to help you out also just try and go when they arent busy they will take more time to look. i've even had them ask me to come back and look too which is great cause then you know youve gone over the stuff closely. like i said earlier if its close buy it you should be able to make something work. i would also hate paying $114 or so for a piece of molded rubber.
please let us know if you find something. best of luck
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”