Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

How to open sofa bed

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
Otium
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1999 Carver 326

How to open sofa bed

Postby Otium » May 19th, 2015, 4:42 pm

I am at my last straw. New to me boat. Carver 326. How do you open the sofabed in the Saloon?

Mine looks like this: http://images.boats.com/resize/1/0/39/4 ... _LARGE.jpg

United States of America
AaHubb
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: '99 404 CPMY
my twin diesel pusher

Re: How to open sofa bed

Postby AaHubb » May 19th, 2015, 7:56 pm

Stand it up on an end. The previous owner may have tied it so it won't open. If not it WILL pop open easily.
'99 404 CPMY
SeaDragon

Topic author
Otium
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Otium » May 20th, 2015, 7:45 am

Thanks. Pop open from where? The cross member behind your calfs when seated? I thought that might pull out. it doesn't. I also can't pull from where the back and seat cushions meet.

Topic author
Otium
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Otium » May 20th, 2015, 8:08 am

OK. I just found this on the internet after renewed searching. The answer. In case anyone stumbles on this thread looking for answers.

http://www.braddandhall.com/ProductCart ... category=7

To operate you simply remove the back cushions, lift up and pull out on the base and flip back half of the seat cushion to make your bed. (see photo sequence)

Step 1: Remove Back Cushions

Step 2: Lift Seat Base and Pull Towards You

Step 3: Lift Seat Cushion and Flip Back

Step 3 (cont.): Cushion Will Rest on Back Frame

Step 4: Prepare for Good Nights Rest

Opens unlike any sofabed I have ever encountered thus far while circling the sun. . .

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”