Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Aft TV removal in 46MY

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
craigryland
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Aft TV removal in 46MY

Postby craigryland » August 25th, 2015, 8:34 pm

Does anyone know how to remove the TV in the aft stateroom of a 2007 46MY. The top of the TV seems to be free but the bottom seems to be on some sort of bracket that I cannot seem to access. It looks like there are two 1/2" nuts that might be connecting the TV to the bracket but I can't get a socket on them. Any help would be appreciated

Canada
Lyndon670
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 506
Volvo TAMD74EDC

Re: Aft TV removal in 46MY

Postby Lyndon670 » August 26th, 2015, 5:08 pm

In my 506, there is no bracket - it is a nylon strap that is attached to the wood at the base of the TV. It then wraps up and around the TV and is attached on the opposing side. The aft in my boat is almost identical to yours, just a touch bigger. I know this as I had been looking at 466's before I found my 506. I ended up sliding long steak knife in and cutting the strap.

It baffled me for a good full day trying to figure out what as holding it in. The VCR/DVD player slot beneath the TV was not held in the same way, rather it just sat in the slot by its own weight.
Lyndon,
2000 Carver 506
FOXY JOE
Volvo 7.4TAMD
Queens Cove Marina
Georgian Bay, Ontario

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”