Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

2757 Rear Deck Bench Seat

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
Jeff Thornton
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 2757 Montego CDRH5049J889, 1974 Ericson E27, 1996 Avon - Sea Rider -SR6 (Rigid Hull Inflatable) and a Nordica 16.

Postby Jeff Thornton » September 19th, 2015, 9:27 am

Well, the Montego I recently acquired is near mint condition below decks because it was used specifically for fishing Lake Superior, so I have some hefty down rigger plates mounted on the gunwales. But the rear deck bench seat and seat back have long been discarded.

Would someone be willing to take some photos of what I am having to recreate? Maybe a photo of the underside with some rough measurement? I contacted Bryan at Marquis and of course they no longer have any info on that part including drawings even though they manufactured it. The gunwale part of the chrome bracket is there but I have no idea what the other part that must be on the seat frame is supposed to look like either (bracket/hinge?)and it looks as the port end is supported by the fiberglass ledge?

I know a simple solution would be just to by some nice deck chairs but my 6 year old and wife would really like to have the couch/bench.

Anyone know of a frame or entire seat in a derelict boat anywhere?

Thanks!

Jeff

MidLifeMizfits
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver Montego 2757

Postby MidLifeMizfits » December 3rd, 2015, 10:24 pm

Hey Jeff, If your interested, I have an 89 2757 if your still need pics or measurements.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”