Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

3807 Porthole screen

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
philnsued
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1990 Carver 3807

3807 Porthole screen

Postby philnsued » November 22nd, 2015, 11:33 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm a new member here. Just bought a 1990 3807 Aft cabin and am in the process of fixing all of the little things the last guy never dealt with. We have a big to do list before we go boating for our first season on this awesome Carver!

One thing we need is port light screens. The portholes are oval in shape and 24" in overall length (including trim) and 8" overall height (including trim) on the inside. Picture is attached. If anyone has these types of windows and/or knows where I can get screens, it would be greatly appreciated. Even if you can only tell me who it is that made these windows, that would be great!

Thanks!

Phil
Kingston, Ontario
Canada
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: 3807 Porthole screen

Postby Viper » November 22nd, 2015, 11:58 am

Welcome aboard Phil. I'm in the process of looking for those myself. I think they are Bomar but I need to confirm. I have a contact that should know and I'll post the info once I find out.

Canada
Washopay
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1990 3807 Aft twin 7.4 Mercruisers
1984 3207 twin 270 Crusdaers

3807 Porthole screen

Postby Washopay » November 28th, 2015, 9:09 am

In the late fall of last year I bought a 1990 3807 too. I have a very serious warning for you. This will be the longest winter of your LIFE.
But come spring, no one. Not one person will be as happy and excited as you. We had an awesome season this year and our 3807 ran beautifully delivering remarkably good fuel economy - I swear as good as our previous 3207.
I too need two of these damned screens. There is a bone yard in Muskoka that has a great supply of odds and sods if you are looking used parts and pieces. You'll find them on Google. If you find these screens please DM me. Also if you find a side boarding ladder buy it. If you don't have one you'll need one - it's like boarding an apartment building without one and I don't have one!
Regardless, congratulations. Enjoy the longest winter of your life!!! Any questions for another new owner just ask. I learned a lot this year!

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter

3807 Porthole screen

Postby Viper » November 28th, 2015, 11:18 am

Do you have contact info for the place in Muskoka you're talking about?

I found out for sure that the portholes are Bomar, I also have a part number. Waiting for my contact at Bomar to get back to me on availability.

Canada
Washopay
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1990 3807 Aft twin 7.4 Mercruisers
1984 3207 twin 270 Crusdaers

3807 Porthole screen

Postby Washopay » December 3rd, 2015, 12:40 am

I think it's Kawartha Boat Wreckers.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter

3807 Porthole screen

Postby Viper » December 3rd, 2015, 5:47 pm

Thanks, I know of them. Unfortunately I've gotten confirmation that the screens are no longer available from the manufacturer. Our best bet is to look for a parted out boat or have one custom made.

Topic author
philnsued
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1990 Carver 3807

Postby philnsued » February 28th, 2016, 3:35 pm

Thanks for the info. Does anyone have one of these screens? If so, could you send me a photo of it along with measurements?

Thanks,

Phil

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter

Postby Viper » March 5th, 2016, 8:22 am

I got some info for you:
Last time I checked, they did not have and couldn't produce anymore of these. I suspect they eventually ran out of the metal framing material as it has a special shape to fit the porthole properly as seen below. Here is the info I have on them. They came in bare metal color or black. I inquired about the black only so check and see if they can still produce bare metal ones. The last time I bought one off them, they were $59 each US$ at the time. If you can still get any, I recommend getting one or two extra. Pricey, but what isn't on a boat!

This is for the black frame screen:
Carver part number is N4420-Z-F

Supplier info:
Pompanette, LLC - Bomar - Gray
Claire Simpson knows about these. Ask her if there is a color they can still produce.
603-826-5791
Part number is P3000-10

The dimensions are 20 5/8" x 5"
Note the little SS tabs on the side. These hold the screens in place.

Pic of the tab

Profile of the frame

Pic of how screen mesh is held in place...same as patio door rubber rope material.

Hope that helps

United States of America
lphube
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 Santego 3867

Postby lphube » July 19th, 2016, 9:45 am

First, thanks for the info and posting the pictures! I've been trying to find any info I could to get replacement screens. As a last ditch effort, I called customer service, spoke with Tracy, and lo and behold, they are still making this part number. They are ridiculously expensive at $82/each and a 4-6 week lead time, but like Viper said, it's a boat, what isn't expensive! Thanks forum contributors!
Pete Hubert
1989 Santego 3867
"OverDue"

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”