Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Voyager Davit

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
andrew
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 98' Voyager 45, Cummins Diesels

Voyager Davit

Postby andrew » March 21st, 2016, 10:33 am

Hello all. We've recently bought a 98 voyager 45', and upon trying to operate the davit, nothing happened. I made sure the remote was plugged in tightly but it was locked in. Any tips on making this thing work? It is a Marquipt davit but I can't find any more specific info. The only switch on the boat I can find is a fuse reset in the engine room and it did nothing. Previous owner said it worked fine so I'm doing something wrong. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

United States of America
Dave Sr
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1999 Carver voyager 53 Pilot house

Re: Voyager Davit

Postby Dave Sr » April 22nd, 2018, 6:15 am

We just recently purchased a 53 Voyager and I have the same problem any idea

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: Voyager Davit

Postby Viper » April 22nd, 2018, 12:04 pm

Welcome aboard. Have you done any diagnostics yet? Have you checked the contacts in the remote's plug? Pretty common for them to corrode. On that note, you should check ALL plug contacts in the system. There are a few things that can affect operation from a simple electrical problem to a hydraulic one. Does the hydraulic pump run when you activate the crane? Does anything work such as the winch function? If you're good with a volt meter, start at the beginning by ensuring there is source voltage then take measurements at connections points along the circuit. Check the solenoids in the system which is a common failure point. It could also be the pump motor itself. Start with the simple stuff and check if you have voltage to the unit to begin with.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”